sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why do people get so Obsessed with blades?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Thu May 16, 2013 3:36 pm

horse wrote:Thanks Pingpang.I m blushing already .

Dun nid2 blush , good means good , your disciple is your walking endorsements !! share share yr LP skills and benefit all of us lah reminded me of this....
.... little history to share here ... that years ago ... our very own block-push veteran expert , Lim Wee Seng , played in one of the World veteran championships when he encountered the former World Champion , Ichiro Ogimura ( ex-ittf chief/ Sweden national team coach ) and beaten him !!!! becoz Lim , uses the unorthodox wooden backhand from his Penholder grip to counter all Ogimura's spins , until this Jap World Champion was forced to make numerous errors which ultimately cost him the game . One of the biggest upsets in the Tournament and the Fairy tale of all time !!
Hi Mr Horse , I am sure you know who is Mr. Lim wee seng ? He used to coach Hong Lim CC last time .
... also of-course also our very own Ex-World Veteran Champion the former Mr. Pan Yong Hao
and , Mr. Lim Jit Choon ( Ex STTA women's Coach ) ..... my coach then. Jit Choon plays with both left and right , penholder and handshake too ! Ever got 3rd in World Veteran Championships .
anyway .. I am still a very young man hor ...

27 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Fri May 17, 2013 8:14 am

Yuna

Club Level
Club Level
i am an EJ myself. IMO playing ard with blades is another way
of enjoying table tennis.
is like one cannot eat chicken rice evyday,
i will get bored & quit tt.

depends on player objective also. i play mainly
for health & fun. so i'm
not too bothered with losing tho i'll still
be a bit irritated.
if playing for a living, then better to stick
with 1 or 2 blades at most

it is also true that diff blades can help players
execute diff strokes easier.
on other hand, a player can also adjust his
strokes to fit a blade better.
see if wanna save money or not lo. laugh

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=551139599

28 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Fri May 17, 2013 10:45 am

Pitachu

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Yuna wrote:i am an EJ myself. IMO playing ard with blades is another way
of enjoying table tennis.
is like one cannot eat chicken rice evyday,
i will get bored & quit tt.

depends on player objective also. i play mainly
for health & fun. so i'm
not too bothered with losing tho i'll still
be a bit irritated.
if playing for a living, then better to stick
with 1 or 2 blades at most

it is also true that diff blades can help players
execute diff strokes easier.
on other hand, a player can also adjust his
strokes to fit a blade better.
see if wanna save money or not lo.

I share exactly the same sentiments as you, but never knew how to put it in words. Thanks.
To me, this is what make playing table tennis fun, not only by winning, but also by being able to try playing with different equipment.

View user profile

29 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Fri May 17, 2013 7:09 pm

Yuna wrote:i play mainly for health & fun. so i'm
not too bothered with losing
tho i'll still
be a bit irritated.

Yuna I salute you buddie.That the most honest declaration of a sportsman.

30 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Sat May 18, 2013 5:35 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
I believe majority of the players (may be even every player) want to win whether they say they play for fun or otherwise.

People are not only obsessed with blades but also with rubbers. Is there any indication as to which type of players are more obsessed with blades than rubbers or rubbers than blades or they just obsessed with both? EJs out there can answer? laugh

View user profile

31 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Sun May 19, 2013 3:13 pm

MsiaBoleh

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Pingpang wrote: our very own Ex-World Veteran Champion the former Mr. Pan Yong Hao

It should be Poon Weng Hoe in English courtesy NYSP/ST archive.There are very few Poons in Singapore.At least the one I heard of Aaron Poon could be related to Mr.Poon above.

Pingpang wrote our very own block-push veteran expert , Lim Wee Seng ,

It should read Lim Wai Sheng. courtesy ST archive.

Pingpang wrote:Mr. Lim Jit Choon ( Ex STTA women's Coach ) ..... my coach then

Your coach will be proud of you .At least you got his name right.

View user profile

32 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Sun May 19, 2013 9:53 pm

horse

Pingpang u know I m a man of few words.As it is now I m in cloud nine already.Thank you for the compliment.

View user profile

33 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Mon May 20, 2013 3:28 pm

Pitachu

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
dryvuuu wrote:I believe majority of the players (may be even every player) want to win whether they say they play for fun or otherwise.

People are not only obsessed with blades but also with rubbers. Is there any indication as to which type of players are more obsessed with blades than rubbers or rubbers than blades or they just obsessed with both? EJs out there can answer?
I believe it is a vicious cycle. When a EJ change his blade, he will keep looking for more matching rubbers eg. faster, slower, more spin etc to match his blade. After he found the perfect match, he read somewhere there is a better, newer of more beautiful custom blade and he become obsessed and change the blade again.
After that, he find that he got to search for another rubber. The quest never ends....

View user profile

34 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Tue May 21, 2013 11:03 am

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
The quest never ends....the quest for the ultimate bat or the right bat?

From the previous posts I gather that Mr Lim Wee Seng aka Mr Lim Wai Sheng managed to beat an ex-World Champion. Mr Lim Jit Choon got 3rd in one of the World Veteran Championships and Mr Pan Yong Hao aka Mr Poon Weng Hoe is an ex-World Veteran champion. How come our players can do so well in the veteran events? Were they as successful during their prime?

View user profile

35 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Fri May 24, 2013 1:10 am

MsiaBoleh

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Dryvuuu wrote: From the previous posts I gather that Mr Lim Wee Seng aka Mr Lim Wai Sheng managed to beat an ex-World Champion. Mr Lim Jit Choon got 3rd in one of the World Veteran Championships and Mr Pan Yong Hao aka Mr Poon Weng Hoe is an ex-World Veteran champion. How come our players can do so well in the veteran events? Were they as successful during their prime?

Table tennis at the 1962 Asian Games
Bronze Medalists Men's Team

Singapore (SIN)
Lim Wai Sheng (JPen Pushblocker)
Lim Jit Choon(Pingpangs's Coach)(Shakehand Smooth chopper)
Goh Soo Nam(Shakehand Smooth Chopper)
Sim Poh Lin(Syn Yew Fai or Ah Fai's dad)(JPen Pushblocker)
They lost to Japan and Vietnam.

SEA games 1961 Rangoon
Silver Table Tennis Men's Team
Goh Soo Nam
Lim Wai Sheng
Poon Weng Hoe(CPen SP Close Table Attacker)
Sim Poh Lin

1967 SEA Games Bangkok

Tan Kek Hiang Silver Table Tennis Women's Singles
Peck Noi Huay/Tan Kek Hiang Bronze Table Tennis Women's Doubles
Tan Kek Hiang/Tan Khoon Hong Bronze Table Tennis Mixed Doubles
Team Gold Table Tennis Women's Team

Ms Tan Kek Hiang is the taller lady staff at Sin Ten.

There you go Dryvuu.They achieved it during their prime years most of you guys out there and me included were in our parents pre-conception stage.No wonder you couldn't find their records prolly you type the names recommended by Mr.Pingpang.At least by now you know one of my strength is, I don't BS or TCSS.

View user profile

36 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Fri May 24, 2013 11:06 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Yes I'm impressed. So next time if I can't find any info I know who to ask. Thank you Mr MsiaBoleh. I guess Singapore also boleh! laugh

View user profile

37 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Sun May 26, 2013 10:53 pm

MsiaBoleh

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Dryvuu wrote:I guess Singapore also boleh

From above achievements I absolutely know Singapore Boleh.The question is who is going to believe now we boleh, when all the time they tell us FT boleh u tak boleh!!!

View user profile

38 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Tue May 28, 2013 8:54 am

Pingpang wrote:Many adult players would rather get knowledge assess thru Youtube

Mr.Pingpang I am a lil confuse with the bold, italic underlined word.Some maybe be sensitive to ass or could it be something that we should be nervous about?

39 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Tue May 28, 2013 6:14 pm

sushi

Club Level
Club Level
GooneyGooGoo wrote:[quote assess thru Youtube

Some maybe be sensitive to ass or could it be something that we should be nervous about?
[/quote]
hey marc , after your funny joke on ass, you also got sensitive to 'ass ess' ,

View user profile

40 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Tue May 28, 2013 6:39 pm

Pitachu

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Come to think of it, mankind has always been obsessed with things.
If you have been watching Chinese Sword Fighting Shows, you will know what I mean. There is usually a Rare & Precious sword which the martial artist clamour after and even kill each other just to get it, believing that owning this Precious Sword would make them invincible.
So it is the same with Table Tennis blades I guess. Some players (those who go and buy the blade to try out and play) really believe it will improve their scores. Otherwise, they would not have bought the new blade.

View user profile

41 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Tue May 28, 2013 7:22 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
It's good to believe the new equipments will help us improve but to make it happen (to improve) is the hardest part.
If the drawer is full of used but still quite new equipments that's not a good sign - we haven't improved much! laugh

View user profile

42 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Tue May 28, 2013 11:23 pm

MsiaBoleh

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Pitachu wrote:.... If you have been watching Chinese Sword Fighting Shows, you will know
what I mean.

I fully agree.Come to think of it, it's strange that you mentioned Chinese.Would you agree that the bulk of the Chinese race have this culture in them?You know what I mean? whether it be metal blades or wooden blades they are bound to have this obsession.

View user profile

43 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Thu May 30, 2013 12:05 pm

hey marc , after your funny joke on ass, you also got sensitive to 'ass ess' ,

44 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Thu May 30, 2013 9:24 pm

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
yes many after watching the chinese kong fu show will always think that they are hero A or hero B inside the show but the true is they are just pedestrain A or pedestrain B.

View user profile

45 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Thu May 30, 2013 10:22 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Instead of watching Chinese sword fighting shows try watching the Chinese martial arts movies. This way we won't be obsessed with searching the rare & precious swords or in this case wooden/composite blades. We will be obsessed with developing the our skills, our techniques/strokes etc. Just saying. tongue

View user profile

46 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Fri May 31, 2013 12:06 am

MsiaBoleh

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Sakuragi wrote:yes many after watching the chinese kong fu show will always think that
they are hero A or hero B inside the show
but the true is they are just
pedestrain A or pedestrain B

Hahahaha the funniest statement.I had been a culprit of that before .

View user profile

47 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:50 am

sushi

Club Level
Club Level
[quote="MsiaBoleh"]
Sakuragi wrote:yes many after watching the chinese kong fu show will always think that
they are hero A or hero B inside the show
but the true is they are just
pedestrain A or pedestrain B

Screen heroes should be the impetus of our inspiration . We need to learn to think BIG ! otherwise , if everyone in our Society is just the Pedestrian as you mentioned , then who will become the driver ?
Modest , you may say ? .... I say its a total lack of self confidence .
If we are always worrying about what others will think or say about us , then life's journey will always be a dreadful and full of remorse one .
No matter how tiny you may think you are , your contribution may just be a little spark if every little spark in everyone is combined it will be an Explosion ! think again , sorry I say this not to pinpoint you , but just wish to tell everyone especially the young that we should not be afraid to dream BIG , not afraid to try to think we can be that Hero one day . Dreams can come true if we try our best , you can be that Hero to your family , your child ,your friends and even your Community .

View user profile

48 Re: Why do people get so Obsessed with blades? on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:59 pm

MsiaBoleh

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Shushi wrote:No matter how tiny you may think you are , your contribution may just be
a little spark if every little spark in everyone is combined it will be
an Explosion ! think again , sorry I say this not to pinpoint you ,
but just wish to tell everyone especially the young that we should not
be afraid to dream BIG , not afraid to try to think we can be that Hero
one day . Dreams can come true if we try our best , you can be that Hero
to your family , your child ,your friends and even your Community .

Sushi ,yes the young can have big dreams ,but make sure they don't lack the ingredient called Effort.Otherwise they be called Big Time Day Dreamers.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum