sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for (Serious) training buddy during weekday afternoons

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

I used to be a singles representative during sec school & JC and finished constantly among the top 4 in nationals about 10+ years ago. Am feeling pretty lost now with the ball size & equipment changes.

Recently have started to rekindle my interest in the sport and wish to
train intensively to improve my fitness & also my game.

Am looking for a serious training buddy who can train 3-4 hrs for 1 -2 days preferably during weekday mornings/afternns. Mode of training will be multi ball training (Lets split the cost of balls).

Interested party pls drop me a msg.

BTW i am 30 years old male.

View user profile
BTW, location preferably in the West/North/Central area.

View user profile

Antiq

Just to let you know that Bukit Panjang cc has the necessary facilities... tables and balls...

On Tue, Thur and Fri, they are open from 9am to 12pm. They are also open on evenings, Mon, Tue and Thur, 7pm to 10pm.

In the morning, you can try out to see whether you can find a buddy there to train with you.Else you can look for me if you can make it on Mon & Thur evenings. I do provide multi ball feeding and still learning on the job :)

PS: They are closed this Thur (25 Apr).

My setup:

Sword Blue Feather/Rhyzm/Rakza 7 Soft
Yinhe T9/Maze green/Scylla OX
Custom JLC cpen/Spectol/?
View user profile
Hi Antiq,

Would presume you are an active player, are you also a part time coach? I am looking more for a training partner around my level so we can improve our levels together.

Haha, wont want to be a liability to you. Unfortunately i am only available on weekday mornings or saturday morning/afternoons.

Thanks for your info -)

View user profile

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Hi, curious, my advice to u is this. U shld b a rather Gd player.... Yr 99 or 2000 u were sec 4. So I believe ur foundation is slightly different fr wad coaches r teaching kids nowadays especially mind set. Multi ball training may nt work well for u. U may nd to think n adjust urself after every mistakes made. As u r picking balls, u can think.... So u need use less balls to train. Maybe 2 ? But if u really detest picking balls, pick slower... It's quite nice to pick balls actually.
Hope u can return to ur form n standards soon. There was a shortpip guy looking for training partners too. U can try train wif him...he was top 8, u top 4, next top 2 coming up next....
Cute singaporeans....

View user profile

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Actually I can train with u, but u sound so serious later I get scolded by u during training not? If train need 2 star balls... If not later 100 balls become 60 unspoiled. 1 star ball cnt withstand my whack... Will crack.... If crack we split or I pay? I stay west... NTU there...

View user profile

Antiq

Curious Singaporean wrote:Hi Antiq,

Would presume you are an active player, are you also a part time coach? I am looking more for a training partner around my level so we can improve our levels together.

Haha, wont want to be a liability to you. Unfortunately i am only available on weekday mornings or saturday morning/afternoons.

Thanks for your info -)

Sure, no prob... Btw, I'm a Part-time volunteer coach :)

My setup:

Sword Blue Feather/Rhyzm/Rakza 7 Soft
Yinhe T9/Maze green/Scylla OX
Custom JLC cpen/Spectol/?
View user profile

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Many Knws antiq is kind n helpful person

View user profile

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
I wondering why u stop tt 10 yr ago which u say u n your team r constantly national top 4 ?

View user profile
After JC suddenly lost interest & played other sports like soccer... Now reach 30 liao need to find some "serious" sport to lose weight suddenly thought about table tennis again. LOL. A lot of my ex Kakis now either national team/ school team/ private coaches damn pai say to look them up again since they reach another level liaoz...

So wish to find some serious players who are also as willing to train as me to reignite the passion once more.

View user profile

Curious Singaporean wrote:After JC suddenly lost interest & played other sports like soccer... Now reach 30 liao need to find some "serious" sport to lose weight suddenly thought about table tennis again. LOL. A lot of my ex Kakis now either national team/ school team/ private coaches damn pai say to look them up again since they reach another level liaoz...

So wish to find some serious players who are also as willing to train as me to reignite the passion once more.
we play from Mon/wed/thu/fri ( 9.00 am till 2.00pm ) yishun stadium , Tues we all play at Nee soon east CC , if you like to join in ( 10 players usually are present ) just PM me .... most are intermediate , and we play multi-ball all the time .... ( 3-4 qualified NCAP/ITTF coaches )

Hi ping pang

Can I join u guys at Yishun stadium tomorow and do I need to register as member

Tks

View user profile

....we play from Mon/wed/thu/fri ( 9.00 am till 2.00pm ) yishun stadium ,
Tues we all play at Nee soon east CC , if you like to join in ( 10
players usually are present ) just PM me .... most are intermediate ,
and we play multi-ball all the time .... ( 3-4 qualified NCAP/ITTF
coaches )

How much to contribute to join your group?? Can BYO drinks and food (Bring Your Own)??

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Patrick Ang must b very good player to go yishun join play multiball.... Good luck..
U can learn how to feed better too.hehe...
Improving practically doesn't really come with feeding, unless u r playing in a 2 feet width table in tournament...
Combination of footsteps, postures, reflexes n strokes is the whole set....
Unless u just wan to sweat....

View user profile

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Mr pingpang likes top 4.... He very pro....
Knows coaches from sg to china....
Feeding is coaches practice
But ask coaches teach real true stuff all say no real stuffs.....
Pls know coaches well before learning fr them if not u b wasting time trying improve....
Listen to me: my best coaches r JC students....
They wan beat me, sure show all gung fu fr their coaches
Steal skills, dun learn...cos nobody will teach u real stuffs unless u r a kid... So learn from kids... Pro kids I mean...
U need post u r top 2 then u stand a chance...

View user profile

we play for health and exchange experiences with the help from all our coaches kakis and players .....

unlike some ppl have "phobia" whenever the word "Coach" is mentioned .....

BTW coaches dun teach you skills , they hone your skills ....

Many ppl tend to expect the coach to teach them skills ?
Every player has his own unique playing style and pattern , coaches can help to correct strokes , remedy footworks and enhance the player's strength ,
teaching player skills ???
Internet is the best teacher ! Watch how ppl win thru strategies ..... maybe 1 good option to learn .
Skill need practices and playing competitively to perfect it , not just by talking lah .
Talk , everybody can .... Action ? difficult lo

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
As mentioned, coaches dun mention, teach or even show real stuffs...
Number9 in other thread is smart asking nt to have replies fr coaches....
Unlike u pingpang, u take opportunities in using other ppl's post to invite ppl train in china like chopping.... U just nd to post in a new post....
Same case here, curious Singaporean's post is a buddy yet it becomes ur invitation.. This young man here wants a buddy to train quietly to get his form or skills back... Yet u like dat...

U want ppl go china just post as training in china available
U wan ppl train in yishun just post...

I m sure curious Singaporean have eyes n fingers to click on ur other threads abt yishun....

Wad I can say and knw is he is not the level u r looking for... He will feel uneasy there...

By the way, the 3 choppers in the girls team r nt Gd. U need find better coaches for them
X factor become zero factors. Last time I saw Nicole n now... Frankly I dun c the point here talking abt future players in there choppers

View user profile

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Engaging coaches is ur job. Mr 乒乓。 do it well.... Pls do well for the young kids first...their parents invest time n money...

View user profile

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Just becos Mr Gorkypark and me says we can learn free things online, Mr 乒乓plan on getting ppl to learn chopping in China ....
He not happy now, claim ppl have phobia on coaches?
My frens must b laughing at u....
How many if my frens r coaches...
How many players I play with every wk are coaches...
Pls....

I whack balls...
Coaches know, I fear them or they fear me? Pls.... U r like a little kid...

View user profile

Call me a kid if you wish ,
the proven truth is I raised my children successfully to be able to qualify in our YDS / NYT since 2006 .
The coaches whom have helped my kids , are also the very ppl whom have raised and trained talents like Nicole .....
The forum is a place to share , we post or suggest in hoping others would benefit from either our experiences or from our mistakes .
.... be it trainings in China or training opportunities for players locally , tis are all friendly gestures which I wish to share with all on board .
But I am very surprised to see your comments:
about " Pingpang taking OPPORTUNITIES to post invites ..... "
as tho I have suddenly became a business rival of some sort... you make me
wanna laugh lah ! Ps dun be like wat I hv said : " the Heart as small as a
pingpong ball "
not everyone is $ face , like wat you think lah ....

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Haha, Our future leader, I dun gain anything with this forum. I have my own businesses....
U know heart can be as small as a ping pong ball?
Really wonder how u know....
U r a money face n r using this forum to make money...
Ppl can see

View user profile

shortpimpwhacker wrote:Haha, Our future leader, I dun gain anything with this forum. I have my own businesses....
U know heart can be as small as a ping pong ball?
Really wonder how u know....
U r a money face n r using this forum to make money...
Ppl can see

o yeah , I also became a Millionaire out of it 2 .
thanks to people like you , that make me famous ! Indeed a genius , how come you know my profession " Cardiologist " , careful with your ping pong heart my friend . you know how it feels when being rub by a tenergy 64 ..... hahaha

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
when a coach warm-up with u - he is a player.
when a coach play game with u - he is still a player.
when u ask coach something - he is a coach to u.
when coach tell u something - he is a friend to u.

View user profile
Thanks guys for all ur info. u all have been very helpful. My friends who are in the TT circuit tells me yishun players all semi pro standard... haha guess i am nowhere there.... i dont mind engaging a coach but probably after a few months. My main objective play table tennis is to lose weight actually.. not so much abt improve/join competition.... LOL.... perhaps next time can contact u guys for a short session -)

View user profile

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
good to know other players standard before joining the team.
if u want to play n lose weight ,can try to join CC tt team .most properly players over there also have the same mind set.
if got time ,try to join competition ... to refresh your JC tt time !
who know ... u may meet your old friend/s during the competition.

5T timing is weekday morning.
yishun timing is morning until early afternoon which the best choose to u--- i think so.

do u have a preference area ?!
i stay east ... can entertain if u really go for lose weight ?!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum