sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the best anecdote ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 What's the best anecdote ? on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:28 pm

Believe many have experience this before in yr TT .
What do you think is the best consolation after you lose to someone you should not have ..... ?
Ps don't go over and slap your opponent on his face or throw your bat at him , or even hurled / uttered vulgarity .... hahaha
something more positive and encouraging lah !

2 Re: What's the best anecdote ? on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Pitachu

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
When I am young, I will congratulate him and tell him I will beat him the next time we met.
Now, I will really congratulate him. But I will go home to run through the match to see where I lose points and improve in those areas.
But it''s true. I have been been by players who are generally not as good as me but control the pace of the game much better, either making it too slow or too fast for my liking.

View user profile

3 Re: What's the best anecdote ? on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:07 pm

Ps don't go over and slap your opponent on his face or throw your bat at him , or even hurled / uttered vulgarity .... hahaha
something more positive and encouraging lah !

Even top TT sportsperson do all kinds of things when they lose like hurling a bat aimlessly,stomp their feet like a child etc etc aya just be yourself and let the stress go, that way you can perform much better afterwards.Examples ,Maze,Matinnet,

4 Re: What's the best anecdote ? on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:19 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Yeah just do whatever you want to let go your stress but never ever pull your shorts up like Chen Weixing! laugh

View user profile

5 Re: What's the best anecdote ? on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:31 am

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
go and shave hand with the opponent n say 'well done'.

what do u means ' lose to someone you should not have ..... ' ?
if u already have this kind of thinking ,then serve u right !

View user profile

6 Re: What's the best anecdote ? on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:04 pm

Indoaro

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
for me i will go over and say "Thank you so much for playing with me.
do a self evaluation over the game and play better next time.

View user profile

7 Re: What's the best anecdote ? on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:22 pm

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
Pls dont copy my style !

View user profile

8 Re: What's the best anecdote ? on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Sakuragi wrote:go and shave hand with the opponent n say 'well done'.

what do u means ' lose to someone you should not have ..... ' ?
if u already have this kind of thinking ,then serve u right !
No One is perfect bro , even Michael Schumacher the previous reigning world formula one champ , can crash in his victory lap ! Anything can happen ....
we are just amateur ping pong players , sometimes things like this would happen ... nobody would want to lose for the sake of losing right ? I really hope you would not wish to advice yr juniors by saying ' serve you right for losing ' ? Even my Coaches would not make such discouraging remarks . cry

9 Re: What's the best anecdote ? on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
Wrong .u dont get what I mean.
Although winning ratio is not equal but there always a winning chances for both sides.
Question yourself about the lose is necessary but must also know why your opponents can win u.
If u have try your best but still lose, then most properly opponents got improved , learn new skill or try different tactics to win.

Keep it positively because it always a next match.

View user profile

10 Re: What's the best anecdote ? on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
Wrong .u dont get what I mean.
Although winning ratio is not equal but there always a winning chances for both sides.
Question yourself about the lose is necessary but must also know why your opponents can win u.
If u have try your best but still lose, then most properly opponents got improved , learn new skill or try different tactics to win.

View user profile

11 Re: What's the best anecdote ? on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:45 pm

Sakuragi wrote:Wrong .u dont get what I mean.

Post match self analysis and some soul searching is the normal thing to do . No its not the answer I am lookin for .
If u hv watched the ittf world match btwn Jpn and Brazil Men's Team event , u will c that Jun Mitzutani actually lost to a Brazilian Jap Jpen player whom only push/block and loop . Score 0-3 . If u are Jun's coach , how wld u advice him after losing to a minnow , many rungs below him ? That's the answer I am looking for .

12 Re: What's the best anecdote ? on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:43 am

Pitachu

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
I think both Jun and his coach should be experienced enough to know that it is not necessary for a higher ranked player to beat a low ranked player in every single match. Some factors I can think of:
1) Luck - yes, I lost matches because the opponent has so many balls brushing lightly on the edge of the table which I thought is out
2) some strokes which I have not experienced before eg. high slow lobs which at that time I do not know how to smash properly such high balls or Long Pips sinking balls near net
3) pace - opponent make the game too fast or too slow for me
and many more. At the end of the day, a player must exposed himself to the widest variety of players possible to experience all kinds of style. Player must not be discouranged just because losing to a lower ranked player. After all, Zhang JiKe also just lost in the latest world tournament.
Player and Coach must treat this as a reality that do happen and quickly recollect themselves and do most post analysis, during matches, in between matches and after matches.

Last edited by Pitachu on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

13 Re: What's the best anecdote ? on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:19 am

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
i saw the match too ... traditional jpen playing style.
but do u notice the brazilian short ball control.
plus the forehand smash , look like he dont want to do too much rally with jun.

ranking is nothing to do during the match.
how good is your infor and preparation before the match
and how well u are playing during the match- that are more important.

jun is lose but did he play well ?

i remember many yrs ago ,xu xin meet gao ning .
during that time gao ning WR12 ,xu xin not even top 50. result, low rank win high rank.

if u are taking world class as example ,then my advice is : dont look down any low rank player and dont give them any chance. once they got the chance ,increase self confident - then they will lose very badly !

another good example is your own case : win someone which have win u 11-0 before.

many many cases : -
wang hao lose rsm during 2004 oly
spore ladies team win china ...and first time newspaper put 'We are Champion !'

for jun, they are professional player, i just a small fly, but dont tell me he never lose to low rank or no rank player before. he know how to 'come back' better than anyone of us here.

View user profile

14 Re: What's the best anecdote ? on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:45 pm

The Best anecdote IMHFO is

1.Do a reality check instead of thumb sucking.
2.Identify Noobs from Pros.
3.Noobs = People who talk a lot about TT but knows nothing about the game play and has nothing reputable to show throughout their years of playing.Noobs=Hogwash
4.Pros= People with TT background ex-national,ex-youth,ex-safsa,ex-safra etc or those with TT qualifications with years of coaching experience.

For the sake of our ping-pong community and sg ping-pong's future plz let us all do a reality check.

15 Re: What's the best anecdote ? on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:50 pm

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
True n im classified under 3.

Thank for the infor.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum