sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

Community Games 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Community Games 2013 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:33 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Registration opens on 4 March 2013 & closing date for entries is 8 April 2013.

So get your teams ready!

TECHNICAL RULES & REGULATIONS

PACSC

View user profile

2 Re: Community Games 2013 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:41 am

chinguanwei

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
tampines central is able to form a team now Happy

View user profile

3 Re: Community Games 2013 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:12 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
I believe you guys recently added 2 experienced players in your team. One used to play at TNCC & the other guy is the lob king. laugh

View user profile

4 Re: Community Games 2013 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Zhi4Jie

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
I noticed some minor tweak in rules compare to last year. For example:

2012:

4.5 The results of each team match shall be based on the
best of five ties. Once a team has won three ties that team shall be declared
the winner and the match shall end decided. However, the fourth and fifth ties
may still have to be played depending on the competition format. Otherwise, any
non-consequential tie(s) in progress will be stopped (in the event multiple
courts are used for a given match).

4.6 The results of each team match shall be based on the
best of five individual matches. Once a team has won three individual matches
that team shall be declared the winner. However, the remaining individual
matches will still have to be played.

IMO, these changes are good in order to promote participation. That is one of the original and main purpose of CG. Win or lose is not the main point. Important is participation. Just let all players listed in the lineup have a chance to participate and have fun

View user profile

5 Re: Community Games 2013 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:56 pm

Zhi4Jie

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Also noticed possible error in 2013 rules. e.g.

3.3 The age of participant shall be taken as at 31 December 2013.

4.3 Participants for Men’s Doubles Masters must be at least 50 years of age as at 31 December 2013 to participate in the tournament.

Maybe the organizing committees haven't checked this document yet ?

View user profile

6 Re: Community Games 2013 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:22 am

JTL

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
ZhiJie wrote:Also noticed possible error in 2013 rules. e.g.

3.3 The age of participant shall be taken as at 31 December 2013.

4.3 Participants for Men’s Doubles Masters must be at least 50 years of age as at 31 December 2013 to participate in the tournament.

Maybe the organizing committees haven't checked this document yet ?

nice catch. are you a lawyer? tongue tongue tongue

View user profile

7 Re: Community Games 2013 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:13 am

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
ZhiJie wrote:IMO, these changes are good in order to promote participation. That is one of the original and main purpose of CG. Win or lose is not the main point. Important is participation. Just let all players listed in the lineup have a chance to participate and have fun

I agree with you on this but the problem is some teams will go all out to win. The strong desire to win is good but things get silly when they start to resort to cheating (changing address so you can participate in other cluster's team or qualify as a private property player), poaching other good players from other teams ('i can poach your players but you cannot take any of our players' mentality stinks) etc.

View user profile

8 Re: Community Games 2013 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:30 am

Zhi4Jie

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
nice catch. are you a lawyer?

No lah. I'm just a TT enthusiast who like to read anything about TT

View user profile

9 Re: Community Games 2013 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:36 am

Zhi4Jie

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
dryvuuu wrote:
ZhiJie wrote:IMO, these changes are good in order to promote participation. That is one of the original and main purpose of CG. Win or lose is not the main point. Important is participation. Just let all players listed in the lineup have a chance to participate and have fun

I agree with you on this but the problem is some teams will go all out to win. The strong desire to win is good but things get silly when they start to resort to cheating (changing address so you can participate in other cluster's team or qualify as a private property player), poaching other good players from other teams ('i can poach your players but you cannot take any of our players' mentality stinks) etc.

I agree that's something not healthy. Maybe the organizing committee could do something ? Hope the situation will improve this year. Personally, I'm aware of such thing happen with my limited contacts with other teams/players.

View user profile

10 Re: Community Games 2013 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:41 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
I also hope the situation will improve but as long as the same people are involved (lets just say those people who have the ruthless desire to win at all costs) it may not be too different from previous years.

By the way does anyone know why isn't the womens doubles included? Why must there be 2 x mens doubles ties?

View user profile

11 Re: Community Games 2013 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:03 am

ting

dryvuuu wrote:

One suggestion is to restrict the "migration" of players from one cluster to another by changing address and the organising committee must enforce the rule. Should revert to the old rule that only players of at least 1 year residency in that estate/cluster before commencement of the cluster tournament, are eligible to represent the specific constituency.

View user profile

12 Re: Community Games 2013 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:24 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
The old rule sounds good but probably needs a bit of tweaking. It's not fair to those who move to a new cluster for some reasons which are not related to tt.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum