Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 13]

51 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:23 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Tomorrow 10am-1pm
$1 per person (pay & play thanks)
Cold drinks will be provided - just bring along your bottle/cup or whatever you normally use for drinking laugh

See you there!

View user profile

52 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:53 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Attendance around 22 players. Good to see a few players coming back to join us!

Today is also a special day for 1 player. Well tomorrow to be exact (if I got it right) but she chose to celebrate it today with us at the session.

Happy birthday Bchan! Hope you will have a wonderful day tomorrow & thanks for the cake! Delicious but 'sinful'! laugh

View user profile

53 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:10 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
About 22 players turned up today & there were some really good players. Best

View user profile

54 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:53 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Don't forget 10am-1pm tomorrow (you can come at 9.30am if you like)
Cold drinks will be provided - just bring along your bottle/cup or whatever you normally use for drinking.

See you there!

View user profile

55 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:03 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Please take note:

1. The CC will be closed on the 29th March 2013 (Good Friday) so there will be no tt session next Friday.

2. Please take good care of yourself when you play. If you're tired please have a rest before you're good to go again. Don't push yourself too much in one session especially if you have some health issues - there's always another session. If you're not feeling well please stay at home.

Thank you

View user profile

56 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:18 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Don't forget tomorrow's session is at Tampines North cc. We no longer play at Tampines sports hall.

10am-1pm
There will be NO cold drinks on Monday session unless I'm there or someone else is willing to provide it.

4 tables from 10am-12pm. We will have more tables after 12pm once the other interest group leaves.

Thank you

View user profile

57 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:28 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
10am-1pm tomorrow. If anyone wants to come early you're welcome. I'll be there around 9.30am or earlier.
Cold drinks/bananas (if I can get some) will be provided - just bring along your bottle/cup or whatever you normally use for drinking.

See you there!

PS: If you have any health issues it is recommended you let us know so in case of emergency we know what to do. Thanks

View user profile

58 comimg on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:12 pm

cjjk336

dryvuuu wrote:10am-1pm tomorrow. If anyone wants to come early you're welcome. I'll be there around 9.30am or earlier.
Cold drinks/bananas (if I can get some) will be provided - just bring along your bottle/cup or whatever you normally use for drinking.

See you there!

PS: If you have any health issues it is recommended you let us know so in case of emergency we know what to do. Thanks
Hi,you mean march march 28 morning 10am?
i am at yishun so which CC .
I am coming

View user profile

59 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:35 pm

Thanks very much for today.
I had good practice with Mr Teng and KC

60 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:45 pm

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
Pls come more often n continue enjoy your tt here.

View user profile

61 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:17 pm

cjjk336

How about tomorrow any table tennis

View user profile

62 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:00 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Sorry no 5T session tomorrow & on Friday (29/03/13). You can join us next Monday (01/04/13).

cjjk336 wrote:Hi,you mean march march 28 morning 10am?
i am at yishun so which CC .
I am coming
When you posted this we were already playing at the cc. laugh
My last post was on 26/03/13 (yesterday night) so when I said tomorrow it's today.
The CC is Tampines North as stated in the title of this thread.

CK wrote:Thanks very much for today.
I had good practice with Mr Teng and KC
Glad you had a good session. Sorry I didn't get to practise with you today. Hopefully we have the chance next Wednesday.

View user profile

63 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:53 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Last reminder since there are still people asking me about tomorrow's session.

There will be NO 5T tt session tomorrow (29/03/13) as the Tampines North CC will not be opened. You can come down to the cc if you like but I repeat NO tt tomorrow. laugh

Enjoy the long weekend!
Thank you!
Best

View user profile

64 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:09 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Please be informed that every player (regular or non-regular member) is required to fill in the TNCC table tennis "interest group" form (as requested by TNCC management). So the next time I approach you to fill in the form please cooperate.

Thank you

View user profile

65 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:20 pm

What is purpose of filling interest group form for TNCC?

66 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:19 am

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
basic term and condition playing at TNCC.

View user profile

67 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:09 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Thanks Mr Sakuragi.
Mr Gorkypark, I read from another thread you mentioned "you go to Tampines North CC". Did you join us or you play with the other group?

View user profile

68 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:39 pm

Dryvuu wroteThanks Mr Sakuragi.

Mr Gorkypark, I read from another
thread you mentioned "you go to Tampines North CC". Did you join us or
you play with the other group?

I oni go there as what you wrote.Look see Look see then go home sleep.

69 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:21 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
If you want to join us you're welcome you know.

View user profile

70 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:25 pm

thanks arr.next time i got courage i join.

71 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Pitachu

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Gorkypark wrote:thanks arr.next time i got courage i join.
While on the topic of "Courage", what do you regulars do if a beginner pop up and wants to join in, and after playing a few balls realized that this new kid of the block is not up to standard.
Will you all ....
1) Kindly explain to him this is an advance group and ask him look for another group politely
2) Play as per normal, maybe Trash him 11-0
3) Let him play by himself on a table
4) Give him lots of tips and encourage him
5) Pls tell me

I am asking because I am one of those guys who is also waiting to have enough courage to test water. Seriously, I have not played for 26 years (and that is seriously very rusty) and started playing with my kids about 1 month ago.
In short, are not-so-good players welcomed?

View user profile

72 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:04 pm

going into any session without knowing if oneself is good enough to fit in , say a lot about the player's lack of confidence and relative experience . To avoid such pressure , it is still advisable to take a step to start playing with someone you know well or engage a trainer to spar for sometime ( if you dun mind paying ) .
I started to resume playing after 20 years by lookin for friends to help re-build my confidence for almost 12 months before taking another bold step to go on to invite players from other TT sessions to play best of 5 .... whenever I go to sessions, I would invite at least 4-5 players to play best of 5 games . It had help me to improve tremendously over the last 5 months .
now I have enrolled in VTTCS competitions and some invitations around the various CCs to continue my learning journey .... I muz admit in the beginning it was sour pill , I was thrashed 11-0 by people , I took my lessons well and moved on . It spurred me to comeback in 2 weeks to defeat the same guy whom thrashed me .

73 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:12 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
For me all players are welcome regardless of their playing level. There are players of different level in this session. I'm sure there will be some players who are willing to practice with you. One of them is me. Come look for me when you are there.

I really don't know if there is a right thing to do for this but there were a few beginners who came to our session before. This is what I normally do.

1. If the new players are members of this forum I would ask them to come look for me.
2. Welcome them & tell them the "what we always do here" kind of thing.
3. Practice with them (normally control FH to FH & BH to BH). From there I kind of know what the players' level is. Continue to practice with them for about 30mins or longer (if nobody ask me to play matches with them).
4. If their level is too low & if they ask me to play a match normally I will tell them to focus on practice first & improve on certain things rather than play 'meaningless' matches. I will give some tips & encouragement also.
5. Introduce them to some other players who I know will spare some of their time to play with beginners.
6. At the end of the session if the beginners are still around I would ask them how they feel about the session.
7. Tell them to come again when they are free.

The above is what I normally do but it doesn't mean every player at the session will agree with me. I'm very sure there are players who would ask these total beginners to join the other TNCC interest group.

View user profile

74 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:26 pm

dryvuuu wrote:For me all players are welcome regardless of their playing level. There are players of different level in this session. I'm sure there will be some players who are willing to practice with you. One of them is me. Come look for me when you are there.

I really don't know if there is a right thing to do for this but there were a few beginners who came to our session before. This is what I normally do.

1. If the new players are members of this forum I would ask them to come look for me.
2. Welcome them & tell them the "what we always do here" kind of thing.
3. Practice with them (normally control FH to FH & BH to BH). From there I kind of know what the players' level is. Continue to practice with them for about 30mins or longer (if nobody ask me to play matches with them).
4. If their level is too low & if they ask me to play a match normally I will tell them to focus on practice first & improve on certain things rather than play 'meaningless' matches. I will give some tips & encouragement also.
5. Introduce them to some other players who I know will spare some of their time to play with beginners.
6. At the end of the session if the beginners are still around I would ask them how they feel about the session.
7. Tell them to come again when they are free.

Now , That is a real friendly gesture , well done ! and well Said ! Good to have Organisers like you :)

75 Re: Table Tennis Session @ Tampines North CC on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:33 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Thank you Mr Pingpang! You always have nice things to say.
So what are you all waiting for? Come join us when you are free!

Note: These days I play on Wed & Fri only. If you all are coming on Mon's session please look for Mr Wong. Tell him you're a friend of mine. He should take care of the rest.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum