sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

What does "Cho!" means in TT

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 What does "Cho!" means in TT on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:23 pm

What does it mean and where did it originate from? China or Korea?

View user profile

2 Re: What does "Cho!" means in TT on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:29 pm

Indoaro

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
it may mean ÿes"i ganna EJ virus..... tongue

View user profile

3 Re: What does "Cho!" means in TT on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Good job on your promotion

View user profile

4 Re: What does "Cho!" means in TT on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:46 pm

Indoaro

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
thank you thank you. open champagne liao

View user profile

5 Re: What does "Cho!" means in TT on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:04 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Biggest boss got a promotion? That means I should call you Greatest boss? Oh dear with that extra money you're getting you're sure to spend more on tt equipments! laugh

I don't really know what "cho" really means but in general it is just an expression for winning a point. It is equivalent to "yes!", "come on!", "yeah!" etc.

View user profile

6 Re: What does "Cho!" means in TT on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:44 pm

Indoaro

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Master dryvuu , no promotion la , what he meant on promotion is the forum rank... At work I am still a poor small potato.

View user profile

7 Re: What does "Cho!" means in TT on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:41 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Sorry biggest boss. You cannot be promoted if you're your own boss can you? Wink

View user profile

8 Re: What does "Cho!" means in TT on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:42 pm

Yuna

Club Level
Club Level
" cho " means pretty! hahaha LOL
(from Hokkien)

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=551139599

9 Re: What does "Cho!" means in TT on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:02 pm

Antiq

Usually go with "cho boo"...

Btw, you should have watch the 17th Char Yong Cup National Youth Top 10 Table Tennis Tournament Final today. It was like a market..

Players as young as 7 or 8, was shouting all the way... can't really tell what they are shouting..

Score also shout, Serve also shout, Receiving also shout...

Not really sure whether they should be taught to do all this...

Oh, the only time they never shout is when they lose the match. They cried instead cry

My setup:

Custom blade/H8/Skyline 360 
Sword Blue Feather/H8/Skyline 360
View user profile

10 Re: What does "Cho!" means in TT on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:03 pm

oh haha couldnt watch today. busy playing table tennis Happy

View user profile

11 Re: What does "Cho!" means in TT on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:08 am

dc9

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Probably is 'Chu' (pingyin) = 出, literally means 'Out'.
Likely to be originated by China players.
Means either that the opponent is out of the match 出局, or the incoming ball has missed the table 出台?

View user profile

12 Re: What does "Cho!" means in TT on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:36 pm

sushi

Club Level
Club Level
Antiq wrote:Usually go with "cho boo"...

Btw, you should have watch the 17th Char Yong Cup National Youth Top 10 Table Tennis Tournament Final today. It was like a market..

Players as young as 7 or 8, was shouting all the way... can't really tell what they are shouting..

Score also shout, Serve also shout, Receiving also shout...

Not really sure whether they should be taught to do all this...

I know, when my children were in the YDS Team , the Coaches then insisted that they shouted especially in a Game ,for those whom don't, they were normally punished... ! In doing so , their habits stayed ...

I guess when u shout , you actually throw out the fear , at the same time raised the player's alertness and also scare off the opponent !

In shouting "CHO" , air from the lungs will be released ,loud and thunderous effect will often seem intimidating and feirce, hence, bring confidence to the players, usually in a tense game . As to why CHO , and not CHU,CHAO,HO,YEA, MOO or BOO .... i can only imagine CHO to be more MACHO lah .... :)

Sometimes you hear CHU LEI .... hmmm wonder what it really means ?? Sounds like some native dialects...

View user profile

13 Re: What does "Cho!" means in TT on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:47 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
sushi wrote:i can only imagine CHO to be more MACHO lah .... :)
There's nothing macho about a person with a small light bat (some even complain it's heavy Shocked ) hitting a tiny ball weighing approximately 3grams getting overly excited after winning a point (sometimes due to opponents' errors) & shouting "CHO".
LOL

View user profile

14 Re: What does "Cho!" means in TT on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:32 pm

sushi

Club Level
Club Level
There's nothing macho about a person with a small light bat (some even complain it's heavy ) hitting a tiny ball weighing approximately 3grams getting overly excited after winning a point (sometimes due to opponents' errors) & shouting "CHO".
[/quote]

without all tis shouting and yelling atmosphere , a game with 2 big man holding a small bat hitting tick tock2 with a 3gm ball will be idiotic ..... and look stupendous .... however , it was not to be . Hence all the Cho...the Chu lei , are indeed ingredients and even contagious in the game of table tennis . You could even see Zhang JiKe tearing his shirt on his victory like a HULK in action .... so its not about the 3gm ball . Its about the Tension and the eagerness to conquer . The loud "CHO" followed by clenched fist and punching actions in succession ... according to some pretty lady( on the sidelines ) , they look cool.,macho and even inviting :O.... hahaha

So the next time you decided to catch the eye of yr sexy lady ....... CHO CHO all the way .

View user profile

15 Re: What does "Cho!" means in TT on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:59 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
At the place where I play there are no pretty ladies (spectators) so no point CHOing unless you want to attract the aunties at the newspaper reading corner downstairs. They'll probably come up to the hall & hit you with the newspaper for being rowdy & loud! laugh

View user profile

16 Re: What does "Cho!" means in TT on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:29 pm

sushi

Club Level
Club Level
[quote=" you want to attract the aunties at the newspaper reading corner downstairs. They'll probably come up to the hall & hit you with the newspaper for being rowdy & loud! [/quote]

Hahahaaa , you never know , ..... becoz yr playing style is so inviting , they may come and cho ....cho ....cho short of hugging u ...

View user profile

17 Re: What does "Cho!" means in TT on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:04 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Hugged by aunties?! That's not "CHO"! That's "CHOI"! laugh

View user profile

18 Re: What does "Cho!" means in TT on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:12 pm

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
Nowadays seldom shout / Cho during game because CHO too much got no breath to continue the game.

View user profile

19 Re: What does "Cho!" means in TT on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:20 pm

sushi

Club Level
Club Level
i share with you on my experience training in Changsha some years ago ....

the team of 10 ++ teenage boys and girls , age about 16-18 , ' PANTed ' each time as they execute a forehand topspin ....

Later in Singapore , while playing at the Stadium Walk then " Sunsports"... couple of girls( 17-19 years old ) from PRC practising forehand topspin and counterspin , the same 'PANTING" whilst in action .... OMG ! my friends and i were exasperated !!

OMG they all sounded like a bunch of ppl having Orgy in the playing hall ....

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum