sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

PA Active Agers' Table Tennis Tournament 2012 @Tampines North CC

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
I wonder why I didn't post this earlier! Shocked May be some of you could have participated!

Anyway I went to see the competition this afternoon & managed to catch some really good matches.

Congratulations to Sam, who got 3rd place & almost made it to the final after a very close semi-final against the eventual champion! Well done lad!

I wonder who won the womens singles. dunno

I believe if some of the players in action today were playing against each other tt can be one of the noisiest sports! The crazy shoutings at every point they earned & even from mistakes made by their opponents were annoying! They even shouted winning edges & nets points! It wasn't just "Cho!" It was like 3-4 words! Luckily there were only like 1-2 noisy players left in the quarters. None in the semis! This shows that shouting won't get you far! lol laugh

PS: Thanks to Cstam for providing me with the results - I left after the semi-finals.

View user profile

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
Shouting help to release pressure.
Anyhow shout although can disturb the opponent but it may once loss concentration n energy too.

Sam is a good player n great to see him get good result from competition.

View user profile

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Yes he is a very good player. He beat the defending champion in the quarter final. I must mention luck wasn't on his side. If he were to meet the other two semi-finalists I'm very confident he would have made it to the final!

Mr Sakuragi, you should have participated. I'm also confident you would have gone far!

PS: Whatever the reasons shouting after every point is damn annoying & it's worst if accompanied by fist pumping & staring at your opponent - at least 1 player did exactly that yesterday. sweat

View user profile

PS: Whatever the reasons shouting after every point is damn annoying & it's worst if accompanied by fist pumping & staring at your opponent - at least 1 player did exactly that yesterday. [/quote]

Haha , mus thanks to our numerous FTs who brought this "culture" into our arena ... Shouting/yelling/cheering/noisy noisy stuff is here to stay , like it or not , it reflected the mood and increases the tension and excitement. Annoying for some ,but overall it makes the Competition lively and exciting. Stress relief methods come in many forms, head scratching, fist clenching, bang the table , stamp the feet to more violent actions like spitting, throwin stuffs ... the list goes on. You have to agree this is the ingredient to a Good Match !

And never before in Table tennis long b4 the FTs turn-up .

i enjoy this kind of atmosphere , after all it is about Fighting spirits ! Do you know that In the youth squad training , if the child don't shout they will be punished ?

So... is not that our children wanted it , its the culture of this FTs .

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
By the looks of it, the boys were more than happy doing the shoutings. It's like they set to auto mode: shout when you get points (any points) & quiet when you lose points.

Yesterday's best match was between Sam & the competition winner. Hardly any shouting but the table tennis was still very good.

View user profile

[quote="dryvuuu"]By the looks of it, the boys were more than happy doing the shoutings. It's like they set to auto mode: shout when you get points (any points) & quiet when you lose points.

yeah ... lol

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum