sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

typical TT character ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 typical TT character ? on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Guys, share some of your experiences and observations ?

like good pingpong player are good in Mathematics ? 90% accuracy ? agree or disagree ?

2 Re: typical TT character ? on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:14 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
From my observations, in general tt players (not the pros but more like us) are fickle minded, tend to spend more than they should, getting equipments more on 'want' rather than 'need', don't mind losing money by selling new equipments they think are not suitable for them although they just use them for less than 1 minute (ok exaggeration here) etc etc. big smile laugh

On the positive side, generally tt players are more decisive (doesn't mean their decision making is good), they are willing to try new equipments etc. I'm sure there are more!

View user profile

3 Re: typical TT character ? on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:42 pm

[quote="dryvuuu"]From my observations, in general tt players (not the pros but more like us) are fickle minded, tend to spend more than they should, getting equipments more on 'want' rather than 'need', don't mind losing money by selling new equipments they think are not suitable for them although they just use them for less than 1 minute

Positively , these players are being adventurous and willing to try out new stuffs. They are more willing to invest in their interest, hence money matters less in this case . I dun know if there are ppl who buy rackets to collect dust , but i think thats in the minority.

frequent variation wth different racket/rubbers in TT is not recommended especially if they are beginners . It can confuse and complicate their playing patterns . Unless the player possesses good basic foundations and knows his playing styles and methods well .

4 Re: typical TT character ? on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:43 am

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Willingness to try new stuff is certainly a positive act but you must give time to get to know & get used to the new stuff. If you try new stuff & give up after a few hours or a few sessions it's more negative than positive.

View user profile

5 Re: typical TT character ? on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Are TT players having the heart as small as a ping pong ?
Our interactions in the early days in SAGE showed a big majority being quite relunctant when asked to pay for their membership dues .....
are they being typical of TT ppl ?
stingy , thrifty , taking others for granted , or simply irresponsible ?

6 Re: typical TT character ? on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:16 pm

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
Some but not all.

View user profile

7 Re: typical TT character ? on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:06 pm

Loopaholic

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
I find most very quiet. Very reserved. I'm not sure if this is typical of Singaporeans or TT players.

View user profile

8 Re: typical TT character ? on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:21 pm

Loopaholic wrote:I find most very quiet. Very reserved. I'm not sure if this is typical of Singaporeans or TT players.
Hey , I shared your observations2 .... I call them introverts . Maybe they are thinking players , dun talk but are action packed ppl !
they let their hands do the talking .... and believe me , most are good players too ! maybe they talk too much with their hands , they forgot how to use their mouth .....

9 Re: typical TT character ? on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:47 pm

Pitachu

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
In every sport, there are bound to be those who are
1) Talkative vs Quiet
2) Just Play type vs Analytical Type
3) Emotional Type vs Cool Type
However, I find that Table Tennis is a unique racket game with a huge range of rubber (inverted, short pip, long pips, antispin) + (huge range of blades eg. Hinoki, Carbon, Balsa, Crystal etc etc) and when used together, there is just too much combinations for one to try and master over a life time. So it tends to appeal to those who like to analyse how the characteristics of the equipment affect one's play.
I play, squash, badminton and tennis as well, but only got 1 racket each because there is no much variety. We seldom talk about using which type of string is better for our tennis or badminton stype of play!
I now got 4 table tennis blades with different rubbers and still looking for more, just to try out the different chacteristics, and I enjoy using different blades to play, not competively of course. I am now just a social player.
It is really fun when I suddenly switch to another blade with Medium Pips the other day and my oppenent's eyes pop open when the ball suddenly sink when it cross the net. We had some good laughs as I explained to him the pimples effect.
Enjoy in whatever way you feel best.

View user profile

10 Re: typical TT character ? on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:41 pm

TT players are more analytical ?
yes for some it is true , generally , I observed .
IMO most Tt players tend to be a little individualistic , a little sensitive, shy and quiet in nature, less articulate, maybe was it because they are more often from traditional Chinese Schools ?
As for Senior players , most are from from Chinese Educated background .

11 Re: typical TT character ? on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:53 pm

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Gd players r good in Maths, calculative, heart smaller than a marble, but most important of all will n great determination. Dare to sweat n train overnight.
Never get angry during a game when brain is needed to overcome opponents.
This is my belief through observations.

View user profile

12 Re: typical TT character ? on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:57 pm

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Plus being a good loser. This makes Sakuragi a definitely more potent player than Gorkypark. This is also part of my observation in their posts here. Sakuragi can be our future veteran champ if he continue to b wad he is - stubbornness.
This Is my belief.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum