sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? Empty TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:12 pm

In a person we always say " You are what you eat ! "

In pingpong , i have observed and also agree with this statement : " You are what you play ! "

From the way a person treat his game , i can tell at least 70% of that person's character ..... how interesting

Share your experiences here ........

2TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? Empty Re: TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:23 pm

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
Very close percentage.
True n I agreed.

View user profile

3TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? Empty Re: TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:27 pm

dryvuuu

dryvuuu
International Level
International Level
70% of a person's character is 'quite a lot' so I suggest you quit playing tt & focus on becoming a psychic or something. laugh

View user profile

4TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? Empty Re: TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:28 pm

Yes. I think 70% is too much. Also cannot read too much from a newbie.

5TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? Empty Re: TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:56 pm

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
I think player which have better skill reflect closer to their own character.
Beginners which still haven't form their playing style is hard to judge.

View user profile

6TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? Empty Re: TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:10 pm

Yuna

Yuna
Club Level
Club Level
well, how a person do things is a manifestation of his identity.
so it does reflect about himself.

i'm not so sure abt the 70% gauge tho. i think it probably varies somewhat.

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=551139599

7TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? Empty Re: TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:16 pm

dryvuuu wrote:70% of a person's character is 'quite a lot' so I suggest you quit playing tt & focus on becoming a psychic or something. TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? 3077217049

i believe if you have watch oldie chinese swordsmen movies... u often see this scene , where a stranger walks into a shrine , in the Middle of the shrine ,sat a high monk .. he will usually muttered this sentence : " the stranger appearing has ill intentions ! " . Question : how come the High Monk can tell the stranger's ill intent by just judging from the way he walks into the shrine ?

Answer : This high Monk possesses sharp sense of observation/experiences/ and his intuitions !
just trying to prove a point ....
apologies no offense if i hv over rated at 70% lah , but i m quite close, often i m accurate2 :) .
Pingpong is played based on a player's way of thinking , his behaviour pattern towards handling the situation, his decision making , his temperament , his habits , including this person's tenacity and abilities to absorb hardships or run away from problems etc etc...

haha so you see , i don't just play the game with my eyes closed . i learn to observe and still learning .

How the person behave and equate it to the way he plays his game ... some ppl are hasty , some are lazy, some selfish , some careless , some too easy going, some ameticulous , some cautious , some are dead serious no nonsense type , some very straight and naiive , some blurr sotong type , some pretencious etc etc .

i love TT as my regular exercise, abeit some Chinese KungFu and yes , i do Humanities studies in my leisure . Dun hv to quit to become a " psychic " lah , not qualified yet ... maybe soon lah , hehehehe,

To Know a person in 5 games , is really really cheap man .... check with professional Bankers , these people possesses one of the strength in "seeing thru " people . They have very sharp eye and strong scents for people with "S$ power "

at least not like some ppl whom lose their entire fortune to some business partner they thought they knew in an entire life ! too expensive lesson and too tragic.. man .

Moral of story , play table tennis and get enlightened in the process . How nice ! That is " ZEN " at its highest . :)

Last edited by pingpang on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

8TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? Empty Re: TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:34 pm

dryvuuu

dryvuuu
International Level
International Level
Not asking you to really quit tt lah. It was just a comment made in jest. laugh
You can judge a person in almost everything that he/she does in life not only in tt.

View user profile

9TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? Empty Re: TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:52 pm

dryvuuu

dryvuuu
International Level
International Level
I should have added this earlier. I believe I know how the High Monk can tell the stranger's ill intent.
It's in the script lah! tongue laugh
It's a joke son. big smile

View user profile

10TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? Empty Re: TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:19 pm

dryvuuu wrote:Not asking you to really quit tt lah. It was just a comment made in jest. TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? 3077217049
You can judge a person in almost everything that he/she does in life not only in tt.

yes , some even take a life time and still not able to understand the other guy ...

over a game of 5-7 sets , i feel its a great achievement liao ......... : ) its really psychological

11TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? Empty Re: TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:45 pm

Zovier

Zovier
Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Maybe the 70% more in a actual competition but not in usual practise game.. usual practise games might be 30%?

View user profile

12TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? Empty Re: TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:40 pm

dryvuuu

dryvuuu
International Level
International Level
pingpang wrote:In a person we always say " You are what you eat ! "
In pingpong , i have observed and also agree with this statement : " You are what you play ! "
How about "you are what you use (equipments)?" For eg. some people use junk rubbers do they like junk food & do they look like 'junk' (out of shape)? laugh

View user profile

13TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? Empty Re: TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:53 pm

How about "you are what you use (equipments)?" For eg. some people use junk rubbers do they like junk food & do they look like 'junk' (out of shape)? TRUE or FALSE ? Agree or disagree ? 3077217049 [/quote]

on the contrary , ppl who uses junk rubbers are every casual in term of their game .... not so serious with TT. Hence very hard to tell as they would not show true emotions in their game . Very hard to conclude fm the external ....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum