sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Guys , have you lost to a stronger Female player before ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Being a Guy , i have to admit it kindda sour to have lost to a female player better than you . Have you had this kinda experience ?

Last week i watched a 5 set play-off between an elderly and experienced chopper player in Singapore , whom lost to a lady player 1-3 . after the game , he was apparently very quiet , an sombre mood with an occasional daze .Can see a certain dejected look .Think he had seldom never been beaten of all people by a lady in his table tennis career .

i kinda felt sorry for him tho , and i think he had a very tough time overcoming the loss considering that he is quite a reputable player in Singapore .

I sat in deep thoughts ,Issit the Male Chauvisnistic at its lowest ? Like a beaten hero ...

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
I do feel for him too but since the female player is the stronger/better player and he is elderly & past his prime than it is no shame to lose to her. It's more of a bruised ego than anything else.

View user profile

when i posted this topic , ystdy , till now i see that there were 40 viewers but only 1x person replied ..... i reckon majority of them in this forum are guys , and it gave me a feeling that most Men will feel shy to talk about this topic .... issit losing an ego to have lost to a female ? Or are we too conservative ?

i hv to admit i will feel sour too ! but i have came to face the fact that Table Tennis is about skill , not so much about brute strength or being Macho .

So if we have a poorer set of skills we should accept it irregardless of the gender .Just like in the recent CSC tournament , an Ex-National TT player lost to my friend's son who is a YDS player ( 12 years old ) .

He can look at it from 2 different angle ,

1. LOSE face , and admit his age and never to play in TT competition again ? or

2. Happy that a much younger and talented player had played so maturely and won , and feel happy for the future of TT players in Singapore . :)

choosing 1) will not benefit anyone and do more damage to his ego ,which i hope he does not felt that way .

Yes. I lost to a female player before... But I am not a very good player, so I dun feel that much hurt. Plus there is only one audience.

Sooooo the next time you see a " Chio" chick playing TT , dun wag your tails and drool... too early

you may end up " jia lat jia lat " , and run off with your tail between your legs guys .... hahahaha .

on 2nd thought , there are not really many local " auntie " who can play well , but i know a few PRC da jie , wah dun see them sexy sexy , you kena , you " O bak card " or they say " shi de hen nan kan " . whenever i see them , i just "practise stroke stroke with them , dare not jio them for best of 5 " wait i have no face2 go home ! hehehe SEE NO TOUCH !!!

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
Title is just a past achievement or get from some good friends or kaki.
But when come to game, it can be a burden - extra n unnecessary pressure.
Ego is good and it differential from other creature but over or super ego person will no see the mirror which other ppls show it to them.
And that also create extra n unnecessary pressure during n after the game.

If u lose because u under estimated those ladies n kids , then this is your problem.
If u lose which u have already performed your best, then they r really better than u in item of skill n tactics they r using.

Take the mirror which provided from them , study hard n one day provide them your own mirror!

View user profile

Zovier

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
I think im just gentleman not to be too fierce to a lady tongue

View user profile

Yuna

Club Level
Club Level
i lost to girls a couple of times too.

feel a bit not so nice but she is really better
than me i have to admit.

i try to learn something from them that i do not
have and train casually to be a better player. Happy

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=551139599

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
If I recall correctly I've yet to lose to a female player. That's only because I seldom play matches with them. Only practice. I remember one match though - tied at 2-2 & 14-14 on the last set then my female opponent told me she couldn't continue as she needed to go somewhere else! Phew! That was close! laugh

View user profile

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
But how about losing to a disable person !
I lose to a person who can stand on 2 legs but move with 1 leg.
This was long time ago when we both training under the same coach.
He got 0 discount when come to training n that why can win a lot of players about my level.

View user profile

ngwoonlam

Happy

It is normal to lose to a better player, doesn't matter male or female.

I lost a 5 set game 2:3. And the last set was 10:12.
She's more consistent in side step looping. I won 2 games first but lost 3 games after her couch asked her to loop to my backhand. HaHaHa, that's my weak spot. cry

View user profile

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
But not many player can beat your weak point.

View user profile

6 months ago, played with an ex Indonesian National Ladies Champion ...i only able to get 6 points out of 4 sets....good experience....

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
Sometime we should ask ' how often we can play with pro player ?'
Result is just between win or lose .if want to be more detail like this kind of information ' i only able to get 6 points out of 4 sets...' is only about how good n bad the result is.
But the process of the game, the enjoyment of pressure from your opponent, the unpredictable result as long u don't give up....nobody will know all this enjoyment but only u.

Once u can enjoy the game then u can tell other that :' I'm very strong !!! '

View user profile

win or lose, doesn't matter, just play your best be it male or female. It is a form of respect.If let's say the female's skill level is on par, and I just cut down a bit just because my opponent is a female, how would my opponent feel? And also most important thing is I know why I lose and the reason can not be bacause my opponent is a female.

I have lost to many female players by the way. Cos I was in school reserve team.

But I notice a lot of players, when meet female, will tend to not play seriously then in the end lose. Play seriously first. Whether she can see you are a gentleman or not is how you handle yourself after the match.

But then again, don't meet a girl that either playing for fun/skill lower/much lower than you then every ball smash in until she cannot hit anything la. Like that she will sian right.

This kind of thing, is see situation la. Sometimes someone lose liao will feel dejected, might not be because the opponent is female. But I think for most guys more or less will get affected a bit. tio bo.

just my 2 cents

Raylemon wrote:win or lose, doesn't matter, just play your best be it male or female. It is a form of respect.If let's say the female's skill level is on par, and I just cut down a bit just because my opponent is a female, how would my opponent feel? And also most important thing is I know why I lose and the reason can not be bacause my opponent is a female.

I have lost to many female players by the way. Cos I was in school reserve team.

But I notice a lot of players, when meet female, will tend to not play seriously then in the end lose. Play seriously first. Whether she can see you are a gentleman or not is how you handle yourself after the match.

But then again, don't meet a girl that either playing for fun/skill lower/much lower than you then every ball smash in until she cannot hit anything la. Like that she will sian right.

This kind of thing, is see situation la. Sometimes someone lose liao will feel dejected, might not be because the opponent is female. But I think for most guys more or less will get affected a bit. tio bo.

just my 2 cents

Haha , agree ... sometimes see Female player , tend to let yr gut down ,not so serious, especially pretty ones ! hehehe

The chinese saying : " Jui weng zhi yi , bu zai jiu " ..., cheekoh pek . Lose nvm lah . reminded me of tis old uncle , everytime die die also must get the sweetie china girl to train with her eachtime he goes there . hahaha

JTL

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
actually TT is less gender advantage games IMOHO.

View user profile

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
U r wrong .
Male always got advantage over female in of sport.

China top 10 male players can handicap 3-4 points to China top 10 female to break even the game.

View user profile

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
It depends on what you want to compare, what you want to see etc. Based on the link below I guess you're not 100% right either Mr Sakuragi. laugh

Sam Gordon 9yr old football player

"Sweet Feet" runs rings around boys bigger and stronger than her. It takes about 4-5 boys to stop her (video 2:46).

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum