sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for a place to practise

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Looking for a place to practise on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:11 pm

Hello,

I'm from Germany and I'm doing here an exchange semester at the SMU until December. I'm looking for a place or club where I can play table tennis. My level is average and I'm used to play twice a week in Germany for over 10 years now.

I live in Commonwealth and my university is at City Hall.
Do you have any recommendations around these areas?

Thanks for your help!

2 Re: Looking for a place to practise on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:22 am

Antiq

Let me know if you want to join me at the following location and time:

- Monday 7pm to 10pm Zhenghua Community Centre (From Choa Chu Kang MRT station, take LRT to Segar LRT Station)

- Thursday 6pm to 9pm Teck Whye (From Choa Chu Kang MRT station, take LRT to Teck Whye LRT Station)

- Sunday 8am to 12pm Hillview Green Condo
(Meet outside Choa Chu Kang MRT station, will give you a lift there)

My setup:

Sword Blue Feather/Rhyzm/Rakza 7 Soft
Yinhe T9/Maze green/Scylla OX
Custom JLC cpen/Spectol/?
View user profile

3 Re: Looking for a place to practise on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:06 pm

NEXT to YISHUN MRT STATION : Nee Soon East Community Club

No. of Tables : 8 units

Players average : 16-20 people

Fees : FREE

Every Tuesday and Wednesday : 9.00 am till 1.00 pm

Sundays : 9.00 am till 1.00 pm ( subject to availability of the Event Hall )

check on the club's facebook : Nee Soon East Passion Club for time table for training dates and time

4 Re: Looking for a place to practise on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Thank you for your help!
But unfortunately are both places too far away for me. Do you may know some closer Table Tennis Clubs to Commonwealth?

5 Re: Looking for a place to practise on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:47 pm

What about the NUS sports hall? Can I just go there? Are there many people playing table tennis?

6 Re: Looking for a place to practise on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:09 pm

Zhi4Jie

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Hi ssjsonic, I used to play regularly @ NUS Multi Purpose Hall (MPH)some time ago. Haven't been there for quite a while. Usually, Sat afternoon around 1pm to 6pm, there will be many people playing there. 10 tables and no need booking. By right, those tables are meant for students and staff but no one really check. So many outsiders play there as well (this has been so for many many years). But occasionally, the tables are booked by students/staff for training/event, then we can't play, of course. Otherwise, you can just join in. It would be better if you know someone, else try your luck by asking around if you can join them.

View user profile

7 Re: Looking for a place to practise on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:51 am

siangzi

Hi ssjsonic,

Tonite got 3 tables booked at Bishan sports hall from 7 to 10pm,you are welcome to join us,be my guest!

View user profile

8 Re: Looking for a place to practise on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:52 pm

ssjsonic wrote:Thank you for your help!
But unfortunately are both places too far away for me. Do you may know some closer Table Tennis Clubs to Commonwealth?

it will be more convenient to find a place nearer to you , however , i think it is worth the trip if you can find a place with 99% of the players with average playing standards and that should be your search critiria instead . we have china players / german players/ filipino players / indian players / local players and coaches playing as well in every of our sessions on tuesdays and wednesdays .

9 Re: Looking for a place to practise on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:39 pm

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
u really know how to 'pull' players !!!

View user profile

10 Re: Looking for a place to practise on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:54 pm

Hi ssjsonic,

I live near the Commonwealth area myself. Yes between another player and I we are starting to find playing areas around here - e.g., in Science Park (Buona Vista area) and perhaps in the Depot Road (Alexandra) area. I think we might be playing again soon. If you'd like, drop me a PM with your mobile phone contact details; and I"ll put you on my list of 'nearby kakis' - that means playing partners - we will arrange a game soon.

11 Re: Looking for a place to practise on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:28 pm

pingpang wrote:
ssjsonic wrote:Thank you for your help!

it will be more convenient to find a place nearer to you , however , i think it is worth the trip if you can find a place with 99% of the players with average playing standards and that should be your search critiria instead . we have china players / german players/ filipino players / indian players / local players and coaches playing as well in every of our sessions on tuesdays and wednesdays .

Hey,

the problem is not that I want to. Actually, I really want to, but my first priority is university here so it is not easy to manage, especially because the training is in the morning.

But anyway, I will try to join you tomorrow, if it is okay :)

12 Re: Looking for a place to practise on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:03 pm

Sakuragi wrote:u really know how to 'pull' players !!!

BTW i am a Mktg Saleman lah ! ,i shout in lelong lelong when i was 17 years old .i talk to make my living :O

.O btw see you tmrw morning , bye

hehehe :O

13 Re: Looking for a place to practise on Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:18 pm

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
U won't be seeing me because I'm working tmr

View user profile

14 Re: Looking for a place to practise on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:41 am

i am in nus and i have never visited the mph haha should go there one day to check out. thanks to zhijie for the infor but sadly its sat which one of my two free days in a week

15 Re: Looking for a place to practise on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi ssjsonic

I jsut played at Copytron on Sunday.

The TT room is on the 4th Floor of the flated factory with about 15 tables.

Each player charge for $2.50 per hr or section

Member fee only $20 (above 4oys $10) per month unlimited visit .

There are always someone there to play with you. Sometime the coach also invite to play.

Copytron Table Tennis Club

9, Eunos Ave 8A, Copytron Bldg. S409461, Singapore (4th Floor - walk up)

Tel: 92379445

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum