sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

SNG - Singapore National Games ( 1-9 /09/2012 ) anyone here playing ?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Yeevel

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
The National Games is promoted, at least through radio. But they are promoting the whole National Games, not just for table tennis alone.

By the way, just out of curiosity, were the bats used checked for VOC stringently? Did any of you guys witness anybody get faulted for having a rubber that's shrunken too small for the blade? Did any umpires An*cough*tiq fault bats with badly chipped rubbers? big smile

View user profile

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
I just got a one word answer to your questions.
No. laugh

View user profile

wah ..lady luck shone tonight ! we qualified ..... to go into Semi Finals on Sat.

My Team are in the last 4 in the Plate events ..... really out of expectations ... sheer luck and lots of Sweat . Cheers :)

pingpang wrote:wah ..lady luck shone tonight ! we qualified ..... to go into Semi Finals on Sat.

My Team are in the last 4 in the Plate events ..... really out of expectations ... sheer luck and lots of Sweat . Cheers :)

good luck!

which team are u playing for?

Antiq

Yeevel wrote:The National Games is promoted, at least through radio. But they are promoting the whole National Games, not just for table tennis alone.

By the way, just out of curiosity, were the bats used checked for VOC stringently? Did any of you guys witness anybody get faulted for having a rubber that's shrunken too small for the blade? Did any umpires An*cough*tiq fault bats with badly chipped rubbers? big smile

If so serious, how to promote... lol

No wonder my ear itch...

My setup:

Custom blade/H8/Skyline 360 
Sword Blue Feather/H8/Skyline 360
View user profile

Just learnt that Singapore National Games are organised once every 2 years !

Only the Community Games are a yearly affair , not SNG .

So the next SNG will be in 2012 liao.................. Train hard and be prepared .

This year's SNG set up was as good as the International Events . A little comment : as someone mentioned , LACK of Publicity , maybe this was a trial , hence the organisers wanted to stay low profile to ensure Event is manageable before going OPEN .

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
So next year it will just be the CG instead of SNG. Will the rules & regulations change again or revert back to the CG's? I remember in last year's CG there wasn't any restrictions like a team must comprise players who reside in the same GRC or a team must have a player who lives in a private property.

View user profile

sushi

Club Level
Club Level

Having players to form a team regardless of where they lived would see a stronger combination and feircer competition . But it will not reflect the actual team strength of that particular Zone .

View user profile

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
True it doesn't matter 'team comprises of players from the same grc or not' Toa Payoh East is champions again. They beat Sunsport Bishan Toa Payoh 4-1. It seems like all the best players reside in Toa Payoh!

View user profile

they won 3-1.. think the results got error haha

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
True I find it weird if they were to play the 'dead' 5th tie (mixed doubles) but I just put it 4-1 as shown on the website.

About the SNG's lack of publicity or coverage I believe it will be improved 2 years later. There were still coverage on the papers & definitely on the net. May be the promo isn't that 'aggresive'.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum