sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

Self-Ranking - Could be Useful in Setting Up Sessions

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

hapifrut

dryvuuu wrote:
Gonecase wrote:PP is just a game to many of us here. dont even worry about ranking la, nobody gives a hoot about it anyway.
This thread was in deep sleep until someone wanted to check out the ranking site to presumably rank himself/herself? So somebody do give a hoot.

It's not really important but it's interesting.

Not that I give a hoot really, it's just that if I play slow w ppl, they say I don't play serious and pang chui. If I play serious, they can't take serve. How la, like that?

View user profile

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
when ? where ? me too !

anyway it is still good to play first before drink !

View user profile

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
hapifrut wrote:Not that I give a hoot really, it's just that if I play slow w ppl, they say I don't play serious and pang chui. If I play serious, they can't take serve. How la, like that?
Can you not play seriously without your super awesome serve? You do have other not so wicked serves don't you? May be you should just play seriously & adjust your play level to suit your opponents' standard. Of course if your opponents are of higher standard than you, you've got to play to the best of your ability.

There's nothing wrong with ranking ourselves. We should care & be interested. If you use the self-ranking to rank yourself you're actually trying to determine or rate your skill level. Skill level is important to some players. There are some higher level players who refuse to play with players of lower level than them & there are also low level players who refuse to play in tt sessions filled with good players because they think their skill level isn't up to it.

I'm sure I've read somewhere in this forum or in the previous older forums where some forumers organised some tt sessions & they mentioned that the session was for players of certain skill level. For me I can accept this as I know what to expect if I join the sesion. May be some may treat this as discrimination towards certain players.

So your rank or skill level can actually determine who you play or practise with apart from your own decision (whether to play with certain players or not).

Sakuragi wrote:when ? where ? me too !
anyway it is still good to play first before drink !
I remember you still owe me some coffee! So where's my coffee? laugh

View user profile

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
hahaha !!! after i come back from HK.

View user profile

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
hapifrut wrote:
hapifrut wrote:Umm....

Hi antiq, Lez play and bet our bats!

u too sakuragi san :) my bat is not cheap, cost me almost $80 to build.

your so call 'not cheap bat' actually cant compare to T64 alone !

View user profile

Antiq

Monday 7pm, Zhenghua cc. Can ?
Below the cc has coffee shop :)

My setup:

Custom blade/H8/Skyline 360 
Sword Blue Feather/H8/Skyline 360
View user profile

hapifrut

Antiq wrote:Monday 7pm, Zhenghua cc. Can ?
Below the cc has coffee shop :)

Sui! Monday 7pm it is

View user profile

hapifrut

dryvuuu wrote:
hapifrut wrote:Not that I give a hoot really, it's just that if I play slow w ppl, they say I don't play serious and pang chui. If I play serious, they can't take serve. How la, like that?
Can you not play seriously without your super awesome serve? You do have other not so wicked serves don't you? May be you should just play seriously & adjust your play level to suit your opponents' standard. Of course if your opponents are of higher standard than you, you've got to play to the best of your ability.

There's nothing wrong with ranking ourselves. We should care & be interested. If you use the self-ranking to rank yourself you're actually trying to determine or rate your skill level. Skill level is important to some players. There are some higher level players who refuse to play with players of lower level than them & there are also low level players who refuse to play in tt sessions filled with good players because they think their skill level isn't up to it.

I'm sure I've read somewhere in this forum or in the previous older forums where some forumers organised some tt sessions & they mentioned that the session was for players of certain skill level. For me I can accept this as I know what to expect if I join the sesion. May be some may treat this as discrimination towards certain players.

I can play seriously without serving my best, but there's another problem. They think that I'm mocking them. Screw o empty ball I deliver, as long as over their baseline, they'd top spin. Most of the time, ball flies long. So, generally they'd prefer I serve my best bcos if simply serve and they swing out, ain't that more teruk? Is it true that coach nowadays are teaching students to whack as long as long serve? Better die attacking than die being attacked? Unbelievable!

View user profile

hapifrut

Sakuragi wrote:
hapifrut wrote:
hapifrut wrote:Umm....

Hi antiq, Lez play and bet our bats!

u too sakuragi san :) my bat is not cheap, cost
me almost $80 to build.

your so call 'not cheap bat' actually cant compare to T64 alone !

Really? Wat's so power w t64 anyway? I kinda regret w my expensive custom made bat. I tried playing w friendship 2040, premade, think it's got Ritc rubbers, can loop, can chop, good control w good feel, and u know Wat's best? Rm40 nia. F!

View user profile

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
actually u think too much and feel too much about opponent feeling.
u should play according to your mood.
u should play according to your objective.
u should play according to your standard.

playing with 0ff-set standard only for fun and that doesnt make much tt process.

View user profile

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
i referring to the price.

View user profile

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
hapifrut wrote:I can play seriously without serving my best, but there's another problem. They think that I'm mocking them. Screw o empty ball I deliver, as long as over their baseline, they'd top spin. Most of the time, ball flies long. So, generally they'd prefer I serve my best bcos if simply serve and they swing out, ain't that more teruk
If your opponents think you're mocking them than that's their perception. Their problem. We have the right to use whichever serves we want to use.

Actually the best is to play your best. I personally feel I'd rather get thrashed from my opponents playing their best. At least I know where I stand & hopefully learn something out of it.

The RITC Friendship 729 2040 is a very good premade bat. I got the black 729 Tackspeed 2000 rubber on the forehand (very tacky & spinny) & a red 755 on the backhand. My first long pips bat on my journey to the darkside! I strongly believe I could still perform well with it now.

View user profile

sushi

Club Level
Club Level
[quote="dryvuuu"]Below is the self-rating chart that I've copied from the website while it was working.

SELF-RATING TABLE TENNIS CHART
Developed by: Richard McAfee, USATT National Coach

Aiyah .... just missed this column , last wk i was with Richard McAfee ... i should have taken this opportunity to clarify with him on this topic ... cry

Oh , Richard McAfee was here to conduct the ITTF Coaches training and ITTF Course Conductor's Course where i attended . Great guy ! Very specific and clear2 !

View user profile

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
I spoke with Daniel (he was on the same course as you last week) at 5T session this morning about Richard McAfee. I told him that Richard was a very good long pips player & a long pips master in the US. Had I taken the course I would have learnt something from him!

View user profile

sushi

Club Level
Club Level
O incidentally , i think many came to the Course lookin fwd2 learn skill and tactical training lessons from Richard McAfee ,but not to be as he was here to teach the ITTF format of coaching principles, systems in conducting of coaching for Beginners under the ITTF manuals and in the Course Conductor lessons, on how to teach Coaches to conduct lessons/courses based on ITTF training formats . So it was quite a long 30 hrs + 15 hrs over 2 weeks and 1 weekend for the complete course .....well learnt somethings tho it was somewhat close to the NCAP lessons i hv taken previously , but i still sweat when it came thru presentations and demo assessments .... , atlas yesterday, i am glad it was over.

Skills and Tactics lessons were only for Level-2 onwards .

View user profile

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Then start applying for level-2 course if there's any! laugh
Not sure if the trainer will still be Richard.

PS: What happened to your mate, Mr Pingpang Wink . It's been a long time since he was on the forum.

View user profile

sushi

Club Level
Club Level
thks for yr concern , my pingpang nephew went travelling le ... his comp crashed over the previous week ...

as for level -2 .... hahaha i need a break ...4now .

but i don't think they will be back so soon ....

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum