sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where and how do I start picking up table tennis .

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hi there , I am a 17 years old poly student , dont know if this is the right section to post but can anyone of you guys here recommend me some places that I could start learning this sport , preferably in the east . And for the bat , which bat should I start with . Thank you in advance Happy .

Yuna

Club Level
Club Level
to begin with, it is good if u already know how much u love table tennis.
the passion is the thing that will sustain u for many years.

if u not sure yet, will need to try it out for couple of mths first before
spending on more expensive gears.

East side tt places are Tampines sports Hall, Changkat CC & Tampines West CC (i think)
go to kaki, then East forum.

are u a playing penhold or shakehand?
How much are u allocating for the setup (equipment)?

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=551139599

Zovier

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
how about some coaching session first? where do you stay btw?

View user profile

Yuna wrote:to begin with, it is good if u already know how much u love table tennis.
the passion is the thing that will sustain u for many years.

if u not sure yet, will need to try it out for couple of mths first before
spending on more expensive gears.

East side tt places are Tampines sports Hall, Changkat CC & Tampines West CC (i think)
go to kaki, then East forum.

are u a playing penhold or shakehand?
How much are u allocating for the setup (equipment)?
Hi Yuna , I personally feels that I am quite passionate it but didnt get a chance to pick up this sport .
I have seen the TT places in the East but they are all experienced players . I'm actually looking into having some coaching classes first .
I'll be playing shakehand I guess, like you say I shall try out a few months first . So probably get the most basic first ? I'll have a budget of < $100 ?
Appreciate if you could give me some advice and may some affordable table tennis group lessons ? Thank you !

Zovier wrote:how about some coaching session first? where do you stay btw?

Hi Zovier , yes I am actually looking to have some coaching session first but most of them only have private lesson for people like me who want to pick up the sport at this age . And the private lesson are quite expensive . Am looking for maybe group lesson which is more affordable for me . I am staying at Joo Chiat .

Zovier

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
polytechnic should have some interest group to join for start.. did u enquire? All my coaches friend teached in north area. might be inconv for u.

View user profile

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Jeffree,
Your best bet is to look at Community Clubs for group session lessons. You can check it here: OnePA

By the way I've done a search for you already. The available courses are on page 2.

http://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=CRMSPortal_1&_urlType=render&_mode=view&CRMSPortal_1_action=CMFShowClasses&_pageLabel=CRMSPortal_page_1&actionIndex=searchClassList&idProduct=772854&CWT=

View user profile

Zovier wrote:polytechnic should have some interest group to join for start.. did u enquire? All my coaches friend teached in north area. might be inconv for u.
Yes polytechnic have them , will probably ask when my school starts in april . But they probably have some experience playing table tennis , so just wanna learn the basic before joining the club . Alright , yeah it'll be inconvenient for me . And do you have any bat to recommend me to start with ?

dryvuuu wrote:Jeffree,
Your best bet is to look at Community Clubs for group session lessons. You can check it here: OnePA

By the way I've done a search for you already. The available courses are on page 2.

http://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=CRMSPortal_1&_urlType=render&_mode=view&CRMSPortal_1_action=CMFShowClasses&_pageLabel=CRMSPortal_page_1&actionIndex=searchClassList&idProduct=772854&CWT=
Hi dryvuuu , thank you for your advise and the link . The only CC in the East had started their class , so probably gonna wait till the next one to open first . At the meantime , do you have any bat to recommend me to start with ? Thank you .

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
I started off using an allround 729 pre-made bat (smooth rubbers on both sides) & I used it for about 1 year before I moved on to custom made bat. In a very short conclusion it served me very well. So if you ask me I would recommend the same pre-made bat or equivalent as I don't believe in spending too much on equipments. This is just my suggestion. I'm sure others have their own views & most likely someone will have already sent a PM & recommended something to you.

View user profile

Yuna

Club Level
Club Level
Oh ! i just remember that i have a new blade u might be interested.

its a Blutenkirsche B3001 blade. shakehand. new blade.
i bought it so others dun have to use shitty bat while overseas.
but in the end, i didn't get to use it at all. what the hell! hahaha

if u are interested, u can have it for $40 with 2 rubbers on it already.
one is Nittaku Renanos Bright black colour. the other is Gambler Six Shooter Red.

can sms me at 9061-9007 for self collection at East Coast Macdonalds (along the beach one)

i see if i have extras i dun use, u might get a 3rd rubber at no extra cost. Smile

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=551139599

12 good advice =) on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:08 pm

janosfang

Yuna wrote:Oh ! i just remember that i have a new blade u might be interested.

one is Nittaku Renanos Bright black colour. the other is Gambler Six Shooter Red.

can sms me at 9061-9007 for self collection at East Coast Macdonalds (along the beach one)

i see if i have extras i dun use, u might get a 3rd rubber at no extra cost. Smile

i agree. jeffree, take the bat ba. good deal. thanks Yuna for giving good opportunities to others in need. =DD

View user profile

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
I stay in the east too.
I can play with u.
If u want me to talk more , then free table n kopi-O on u!!!

View user profile

dryvuuu wrote:I started off using an allround 729 pre-made bat (smooth rubbers on both sides) & I used it for about 1 year before I moved on to custom made bat. In a very short conclusion it served me very well. So if you ask me I would recommend the same pre-made bat or equivalent as I don't believe in spending too much on equipments. This is just my suggestion. I'm sure others have their own views & most likely someone will have already sent a PM & recommended something to you.
Hi dryvuuu , thank you for your advise again , yes indeed someone offered me a custom bat and I decided to take it . Thank you nonetheless !

Hi yuna , it seems like a pretty good deal but I have already agreed to buy a YY from Antiq already . Thank you for your kind offer !

janosfang wrote:

i agree. jeffree, take the bat ba. good deal. thanks Yuna for giving good opportunities to others in need. =DD
Yeah it's a good deal but I already agreed to buy from Antiq :x .

janosfang

Jeffree wrote:
janosfang wrote:

go ahead, and get it, hope he going to give you suitable rubbers to go along with it. =D

View user profile

Sakuragi wrote:I stay in the east too.
I can play with u.
If u want me to talk more , then free table n kopi-O on u!!!
Okay sure thing !!! Then if we just play and you don't talk , don't need free table and kopi-o right !

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Jeffree wrote:Hi dryvuuu , thank you for your advise again , yes indeed someone offered me a custom bat and I decided to take it . Thank you nonetheless !
I saw it coming a mile away! Wink
Enjoy your tt! Best

Jeffree wrote:Okay sure thing !!! Then if we just play and you don't talk , don't need free table and kopi-o right !
If he doesn't talk you don't get any tips! If no tips then you won't improve!
LOL

View user profile

Antiq

Jeffree wrote:
janosfang wrote:

Don't worry, definitely a good deal. DOn't think u can get such gd price in Sg... the sale come with advice, tips, recommendation, blah blah... haha. Basically, feel free to call me if need help.

My setup:

Sword Blue Feather/Rhyzm/Rakza 7 Soft
Yinhe T9/Maze green/Scylla OX
Custom JLC cpen/Spectol/?
View user profile

dryvuuu wrote:
Jeffree wrote:Hi dryvuuu , thank you for your advise again , yes indeed someone offered me a custom bat and I decided to take it . Thank you nonetheless !
I saw it coming a mile away! Wink
Enjoy your tt! Best

Jeffree wrote:Okay sure thing !!! Then if we just play and you don't talk , don't need free table and kopi-o right !
If he doesn't talk you don't get any tips! If no tips then you won't improve!
LOL
Alright thank you ! Haha I'm just kidding , of course I'll 'bribe' him for tips !!

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
U can pm me when your bat n table is really.
But it is advice to look for kakis or group.
Don't be afraid of other kakis r too good for u.
Their 'good' are own by themselves through yrs of practice .
U can only ask yourself : r u 'thick skin' enough to play with them?

At the end of the day is all about how much u can enjoy fr the tt session.
If zero, nothing then just let it be
Try on other group or kakis until u find a suitable one.

View user profile

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
Btw, can't read your pm

View user profile

Takeuchi

Site Admin
guys, if you are replying to another forumer's post immediately the next line,
there is really no need to quote most of the time (depends context)

as it makes a long read for others. don't you think so too?

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
Hi jeffree, I just send u pm.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum