sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

TT Locations in the West - updated on 2 Mar 2013

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Antiq

Updated on 11 May 2014

For all TT kakis living in the west... These are the possible location for TT sessions in the west...

Legend :
* - Recommended
# - Reviewd by Antiq

1) # CCK Sport complex - 4 tables, with net. Sport comple rates. (abit dim and stuffy as the tables are located underneath the viewing gallery) Place a bit small, but good for training.

2) #* Hillview Green, Hume Ave - 1 table in squash court, Saturday (8am to 11am) and Sunday morning (9am to 11am), not regular. FOC. Contact Rayter. Friendly host, nice environment, convenient for those who drive. Can go for swim after game :)

3)#* Bukit Panjang CC - On evenings, 6 tables on Mon & Tue, about 10 tables on Thur. Opening hours from 7pm to 10pm. On mornings, open on Tue, Thu and Fri 9am to 12pm. All with nets and balls are provided. Be there to help setup and packup. Very nice and friendly environment. Wide spread of players,form beginners to above average. Will open to MEMBERS ONLY from Jul 14 onward. Contact Antiq

4) #* Bukit Batok CC - 5 tables with net and ball provided. Located at 3rd floor, aircon, carpeted room. Open every Sat 9.30am to 12pm. Contact George (ncgjiju). Friendly organiser and players.

any other input ?

A)  Jurong Green CC, formerly known as Hong Kah East CC - 4 tables with good sparing partner around (very competitive and standard of play are high. A lot of experience players who participate at all local competitions. evening training mainly)  No longer available <- Reviewed by Zhi4jie

Pending update/review...
B)  Clementi sports hall - 6 to 7 tables (saturday and sunday afternoon... regular grouping ... just get to know the people there and u will be able to miggle around freely. but there are too much commercial chinese coaches competing for the tables)

C) NUS sports hall - 10 + tables (sat afternoon.. great play with good player cum varsity player visiting at times) Need to find yr own kakis.

D) West Coast Community Centre - 8 tables. Every Sun morning 9am-12noon (free, but may need registeration) The place is good and organiser very friendly. Parking may have issue due to near by market/shops. The good thing is that you can have kopi after game.

E) Jurong West Ave 1 Blk 423 - 2 tables. Contact Likett (void deck, good table and lighting, Macdonald nearby.) Nice place.

F) Bukit Regency, upp bukit timah road - 1 table, in aircon room. Contact ryan1991.

Last edited by Antiq on Sun May 11, 2014 2:33 pm; edited 10 times in total

View user profile

Takeuchi

Site Admin

very nice first post, Antiq !

new forumers often look for these answers so post will be pinned on top always. Happy

Antiq

Thks.. just trying out the new forum..... and doing my share to support the forum..

My setup:

Custom blade/H8/Skyline 360 
Sword Blue Feather/H8/Skyline 360
View user profile

likett

some updates here:

9) Ayer Rajah CC - 8 tables. Every Sun morning 9am-12noon (free)
All tables had moved to West Coast Community Centre last weekend. Ayer Rajah CC no more tt, please go to West Coast Community Centre. I think timing should be the same. Hope this will help. :)

View user profile

Antiq

Thks... Marcus!

My setup:

View user profile

likett

you are most welcome bro :)

View user profile

Antiq

Visited West Coast CC last sunday for a competition... good environment, ample tables, good food at nearby food centre. For those who drive, need to park a bit far since the cc nearby parking is quite full due to the nearby market. Another tt place to go if you are looking for a good place on Sunday morning! Thumbs up!

My setup:

View user profile

Thanks for update. Glad the forum continue on... :)

cede1975

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Jurong east sport complex has extra 3 tournament grade tables/nets that need booking, situated at the spectators concourse level.
place is well ventilated. and fully enclosed. Not the two sparing tables they put at the badminton court which is free/bookable.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]

The free tables.
[img][/img]

Last edited by cede1975 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user profile

likett

Hi cede1975,

Got two sparing tables at the badminton court which is free? Really? want to play there? :)

View user profile

cede1975

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
likett wrote:Hi cede1975,

Got two sparing tables at the badminton court which is free? Really? want to play there? :)

Sure, we might even play at the 2nd lvl TT room, they never locked it and i have been checking it out a few times during weekdays evening. never seen anyone played there ever. the table and nets are all in pretty prestine condition.

But my work schedules is pretty off, i'll sms you as usual whenever i'm free and around.

View user profile

likett

Sure, we might even play at the 2nd lvl TT room, they never locked it and i have been checking it out a few times during weekdays evening. never seen anyone played there ever. the table and nets are all in pretty prestine condition.

But my work schedules is pretty off, i'll sms you as usual whenever i'm free and around.

[/quote]

ok, thanks Wink
Let me know if you need my number since we have not play before :)

View user profile

dc9

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Hi

Anyone know if the West Coast Community Centre TT tables available for booking on Weekday evening time ?
Looking to organize some weekday session around there.

Thanks.

View user profile

Zhi4Jie

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
dc9 wrote:Hi

Anyone know if the West Coast Community Centre TT tables available for booking on Weekday evening time ?
Looking to organize some weekday session around there.

Thanks.

FYI. West Cost CC TT tables are not available for public booking. It's only open for members on Sunday 9am - 1pm. Normally start around 9.30am. Currently hv 6 tables.

View user profile

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
I had a tt session at Teck Whye Blk 112 yesterday something that has never crossed my mind. lol
The last time I made a 'journey to the west' I played in Jurong West - slightly nearer compared to Teck Whye.

The session is exactly as described by Antiq in his first post on this thread - 'professional' tables and nets, fluorescent lightings, curtains, ball catcher nets & there's even a toilet.

Although the session is held at the void deck the space is very good. There is ample space to play the chopping & away from the table games. The pillars don't really affect play or bother me that much.

The players are mostly senior citizens - some are very good players! Most players are friendly & I feel welcome. The friendliest is of course Antiq since he is the host & I'm his guest! laugh

All in all it was a very good session. I practised with Antiq before the arrival of the other players. I also played a match against him & played 2 doubles matches before I had to call it a day. It was a long journey back home but worth it I guess.

Special thanks & appreciation to Antiq for the lift from CCK mrt station & your hospitality. This session is recommended to those who lives in the west. Best

PS: Interesting point is the matches are played in 3 sets & 21 points! 40mm ball though not 38mm! LOL

View user profile

Antiq

U r welcome Dryvuuu.. Just doing my part to make sure whoever visit the place feel comfortable and not neglected..

Look forward to playing with you again... Cheers

My setup:

View user profile

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
well done Andy !!!

:) :) :)

View user profile

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Antiq wrote:Look forward to playing with you again... Cheers
Yes me too but may be somewhere in central would be nice so I don't have to make another 'journey to the west'! LOL

View user profile

Antiq

Ok ok...yes "Pei San" by the time u reach the west... Lol

My setup:

View user profile

Antiq wrote:For all TT kakis living in the west... These are the possible location for TT sessions in the west...

12) Bukit Regency, upp bukit timah road - 1 table, in aircon room. Contact ryan1991.

Hi Antiq - Thanks for inviting me over to Zhenghua the other day. After playing with you guys I realize I'm only a USATT 4.0 hehheh.

Anyway, I felt really warm during our session the other day, and suddenly this a/c option sounded really cool. I've got a few folks living around me who are starting to show interest in a session - but when I tried looking up ryan1991 on the PM system it refused to find him as a "username" - I'm not sure why. Is ryan1991 still a registered user on this forum? TIA

Alan

Antiq

He probably has not been active quite a while so his forum name got canned/killed...

Bro, feeling warm is normal at zhenghua cc : ) the floor get slippy when the aircon is turn on.

Another alternate place is Bukit Panjang cc, they have 3 to 4 tables there and you are welcome to join them FOC. need to check which are the days that they are open...

My setup:

View user profile

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
What is USATT 4.0?
Do we have USATT 4.01 or 4.001?

View user profile

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Your rating is USATT 1.0 only (I'm 0.1) so don't worry about USATT 4.01 or 4.001! laugh

Check this out:

SELF-RATING TABLE TENNIS CHART

Discovered by Alanwee.

View user profile

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
Thank you. Now I know my ranking.

View user profile

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level