sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

A fool's review about Table Tennis

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A fool's review about Table Tennis on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:25 am

ngwoonlam


newbie
This guy thinks ping pong is easy like 123.

You may go to this site and give him a good kick. x

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/article-24014130-boxing-outpoints-hungry-hippos.do



View user profile

2 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:05 pm

Sakuragi


National Level
National Level
An outside who give his own review .
It is same like a lot of ppls who can talk a lot soccer but totally never
play at all.

Let him think tt world is just a easy as 123 sport.
And let him stay in his own little shelter

View user profile

3 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:42 pm

Zovier

avatar
Beginner Level
Beginner Level
i,ve even seen some journalist wrote boxing and tae wondo is babarric and shouldn'nt be as a sport..

View user profile

4 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:58 pm

ngwoonlam


newbie
Zovier wrote:i,ve even seen some journalist wrote boxing and tae wondo is babarric and shouldn'nt be as a sport..

Happy This is funny. LOL

View user profile

5 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:01 am

Guest


Guest
hi ngwoonlam!
i am sure this problem doesn't happen to table tennis only...it's just like people who are not in the creative industry saying certain works of art/film/culture that are legendary classics are crap because they do not know the principles and many many things that govern it. when they lose, they will say because art/design is a subjective matter.

Many people don't get the fact that not liking something doesn't mean that "something" is crap.

Which comes back to table tennis, like how many people think people who use pips/antispin are people who play cheat. They say that such rubbers do not need technique. Throw them a piece of the same rubber and they can't use it for nuts. So, comes back to the question: If one doesn't know how to play against pips/antispin, does it mean that the player using the pips/antispin is a lousy player?

the fact is, often, not all the time, that the player is not good enough to hold his/her own. or maybe just not used to it yet...

looking at another angle, many pips players use pips because they think it is a shortcut. ask any pips player who played long enough, learning pips is quite a torture lol, especially when the 新鲜感 is gone...

just sharing my thoughts...:)


6 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:53 pm

ngwoonlam


newbie
*** If one doesn't know how to play against pips/antispin, does it mean that the player using the pips/antispin is a lousy player? Best Nice comment!!

I am so afraid of pips players. My friend has short pips at the back of his J-pen. I have improved so much in my receiving and playing reaction time after he keeps changing his serving side, receiving side and speed of balls. My judgement to open attack is better now though I still lose to him. smiley

View user profile

7 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Sakuragi


National Level
National Level
u only often lose to him but can benefit from his playing style to win other players.
at the end of the day ,u are more advantage.
remember to treat him well !

View user profile

8 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:24 am

dryvuuu

avatar
International Level
International Level
ngwoonlam wrote:I am so afraid of pips players.
Psychologically you already lost even before the game starts. Since you know you will lose to your friend you shouldn't feel any pressure & your aims are to play your game normally & try to get as many points off your opponents as possible.

This is what I have in mind when I face higher level players. I feel no pressure against these players & this helps me play my game normally & try to obtain more points or better still a game off them. I'm not afraid of their skills but I'm only 'afraid' I can't provide a good game for them.

View user profile

9 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:30 pm

ngwoonlam


newbie
dryvuuu wrote:
ngwoonlam wrote:I am so afraid of pips players.
Psychologically you already lost even before the game starts. Since you know you will lose to your friend you shouldn't feel any pressure & your aims are to play your game normally & try to get as many points off your opponents as possible.

This is what I have in mind when I face higher level players. I feel no pressure against these players & this helps me play my game normally & try to obtain more points or better still a game off them. I'm not afraid of their skills but I'm only 'afraid' I can't provide a good game for them.
Best

Thanks for the tips. That's a good strategy! yes

View user profile

10 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 am

dryvuuu

avatar
International Level
International Level
So have you made any progress against your short pips friend? May be win more games/sets even if you still lost the match to him in the end?

View user profile

11 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:29 am

ngwoonlam


newbie
dryvuuu wrote:So have you made any progress against your short pips friend? May be win more games/sets even if you still lost the match to him in the end?

Will take some time though I could give him more pressure now.

View user profile

12 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Yeevel


Beginner Level
Beginner Level
I notice short/long pips players are by nature more competitive than inverted rubber players. The choice to use pips in the first place almost guarantees an advantage over most recreational players most of the time. Not to mention the way pips players defend their use of pips, usually by saying how difficult it is to master. But that doesn't make inverted any easier to master. Wink

View user profile

13 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:08 pm

dryvuuu

avatar
International Level
International Level
I beg to differ. Pips out players do not have the advantage against inverted players 'most of the time'. It depends on many factors.

In the recreational playing environment there are a number of skill levels. If you're in the average level you can't just slap on a pips out rubber & beat the daylight out of someone with higher skills. If that's the case I would have beaten all the higher level players at 5T! big smile

If inverted players don't practise & play against pips out players because they despise the rubbers (or may be they just don't like the players tongue ) or they're just 'sacred' of the pips then they are never going to gain the 'get used to it' skill or overcome the pips 'fear factor'.

In addition sometimes players do not purposely choose pips out just to 'gain advantage' over inverted players. I believe players' style 'requires' them to use pips out for eg. if they're more of a hitter it's better to use sp or lp if they want to chop. Whatever the choice of rubbers at the end of the day the players need to keep practising. Whether they can 'master' the use of their chosen rubbers that's another story. Different rubbers require different set of skills. Wink

ngwoonlam wrote:Will take some time though I could give him more pressure now.
That is a good start. Best

View user profile

14 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:32 pm

Yeevel


Beginner Level
Beginner Level
dryvuuu wrote:
In the recreational playing environment there are a number of skill levels. If you're in the average level you can't just slap on a pips out rubber & beat the daylight out of someone with higher skills. If that's the case I would have beaten all the higher level players at 5T! big smile

I believe it’s not accurate that you have to bring skill level into play here. I would be just as confident to beat someone who ‘just slapped on a pips out rubber’ to play for the first time, regardless of his skill level. Naturally higher level players would be able to overcome pips out players of lower skill. Good fundamentals, experience and skills negates the advantage of pips-out rubber I was referring to. Thus I was referring to the recreation playing field where most players do not have the good fundamentals along with their lack of experience of playing against pips-out rubber.

If inverted players don't practise & play against pips out players because they despise the rubbers (or may be they just don't like the players tongue ) or they're just 'sacred' of the pips then they are never going to gain the 'get used to it' skill or overcome the pips 'fear factor'.

I believe you've just reiterated the kind of advantage pips-out players have over inverted players here. x

In addition sometimes players do not purposely choose pips out just to 'gain advantage' over inverted players. I believe players' style 'requires' them to use pips out for eg. if they're more of a hitter it's better to use sp or lp if they want to chop. Whatever the choice of rubbers at the end of the day the players need to keep practising. Whether they can 'master' the use of their chosen rubbers that's another story. Different rubbers require different set of skills. Wink

What you've described is the ideal scenario when players should choose pips-out. But I feel a lot of recreational players primarily choose to stick on a piece of pips out hoping their opponents aren't familiar with it, to give them a hard time. It's also to help with service returns. Happy

View user profile

15 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:50 am

dryvuuu

avatar
International Level
International Level
My intention to reply on this thread is encourage Ngwoonlam (& possibly other inverted players) not to 'fear' playing against pips out players. The less fear these players have the better so they can play 'normally' with more confidence.

Yeevel wrote:I believe it’s not accurate that you have to bring skill level into play here. I would be just as confident to beat someone who ‘just slapped on a pips out rubber’ to play for the first time, regardless of his skill level. Naturally higher level players would be able to overcome pips out players of lower skill. Good fundamentals, experience and skills negates the advantage of pips-out
rubber I was referring to. Thus I was referring to the recreation playing field where most players do not have the good fundamentals along with their lack of experience of playing against pips-out rubber.

I believe recreation players do not have the same skill level.


Ok how about pitting 2 newbies "with same skill level" in a match, 1 with both inverted rubbers & 1 with both lps. Which rubber has more control & is more consistent? Which newbie can control their shots more? Which newbie will win the match?

Choosing to use pips does not guarantee an 'advantage' - you need to know how to use it. Even passive blocking needs skill - anticipation, hand speed etc. After a few hours of blocking practice I tried it in a match & it wasn't that easy! I was giving away cheap points & lost!


Yeevel wrote:I believe you've just reiterated the kind of advantage pips-out players have over inverted players here.
The way I see it, it's not an 'advantage'. It's more to do with psychology - confidence level, fear factor, the'get used to it' skills, etc etc. These factors especially low confidence will affect your belief, mess up your
head, start the negative thinking etc. You need to get used to playing against pips out just as you need to get used to playing against left-handers, against unorthodox players, against styles that attack your weaknesses etc etc.

Table tennis is not just about your opponents & what equipments they use it is also about you, your equipments, your strengths, your weaknesses, your mental etc. If players are weak in looping backspin their opponents will be more than
happy to give them more backspins regardless of whether they use pips out rubbers or inverted. If you want to give an 'advantage' to your opponents by not improving on your weaknesses then they will most likely accept it with open arms.

Yeevel wrote:What you've described is the ideal scenario when players should choose pips-out. But I feel a lot of recreational players primarily choose to stick on a piece of pips out hoping their opponents aren't familiar with it, to give them a hard time. It's also to help with service returns.
Which player would give their opponents an easy time? Regardless of what rubbers you use, you want to give your opponents a hard time, you won't allow them to play & get easy points will you?


To be honest, I've yet to see any players using pips out just to gain 'advantage' over inverted players. I just don't see things that way. All 5T pips out players use their rubbers to suit their strength or play a certain style that suits pips out. Either way you need practice!


If you think players use lp to help them with returning serves you must also think about the other difficult things they do like twiddling, if they chop means they have extra strokes to learn etc etc.

The more you think about pips out = advantage, the more frustrated you will be. Once you're frustrated it's difficult to get rid of it. Approaching play positively or with fear it will result in different actions different outcomes.

View user profile

16 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:30 pm

Yeevel


Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Of course I see your intention of helping fellow players. My intention to post is just like any other poster on a forum, to engage in a discussion, to share and also to recognize my own fallibility and learn, not to win. We can determine victory on the table tennis table. :)

You mentioned the requirement to get used to pips-out, the psychological preparation etc. This is the kind of advantage I am talking about pips-out has against most recreational players. The kind of advantage(almost guaranteed, not 100%) I'm talking about is exactly the same as what you've mentioned about playing against left-handers (your point is based on the statistical fact that everybody plays right-handers more often than left-handers, and this applies even to left-handers themselves). That most recreational players really do not get to play pips-out as much as they get to play left-handers.

That said, I do not think that pips-out requires less skill to play. All sorts of rubbers requires practice to master. Your few hours of LP playing surely do not succinctly show that LP does not have a certain advantage(nor disadvantage either). However, I also recognize pips-out has certain weaknesses and it's up to one to find out how to exploit them.

View user profile

17 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:49 am

cede1975


Beginner Level
Beginner Level
suppose you play with a lever in your mind. train + killing.

In serious competition your killing instincts kicks in 100%
But in club house matches...when you lose that point do you feel like you would feel if you start making excuses that it was just a training cum learning point?

When you play for the kill and realized certain rubbers/equipments only provide you with maybe over powering low skill players and it starts to ceiling when face with better skill players, then it is time you ditch it, else it will only hold you back permanently. Most coaches with a good vision will almost always see that coming.

So, first decide if how high your killing desire is, and match your equipment to it, if you play for fun then don't really matters at all.

View user profile

18 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:17 pm

dryvuuu

avatar
International Level
International Level
Yeevel wrote:Of course I see your intention of helping fellow players. My intention to post is just like any other poster on a forum, to engage in a discussion, to share and also to recognize my own fallibility and learn, not to win. We can determine victory on the table tennis table. :)
I only said about my intention because I'm actually just interested in passing the 'positive message' to the players who have the fear of playing against pips out rubbers in the hope their confidence will improve. So I believe by saying "pips have 'advantage' over inverted" it doesn't actually help anything (may be you can share something on this one?) & it certainly won't make these players lose the fear at all. These players just need positive encouragement not feed them with 'negative' comments which will only lower their confidence level. Confidence is a powerful thing!
Having said that I do appreciate your views & the discussion we're having. It's good that we have forumers who can discuss or even argue in a friendly manner, the way it should be.

Yeevel wrote:You mentioned the requirement to get used to pips-out, the psychological preparation etc. This is the kind of advantage I am talking about pips-out has against most recreational players. The kind of advantage(almost guaranteed, not 100%) I'm talking about is exactly the same as what you've mentioned about playing against left-handers (your point is based on the statistical fact that everybody plays right-handers more often than left-handers, and this applies even to left-handers themselves). That most recreational players really do not get to play pips-out as much as they get to play left-handers.
Ok you see that as advantage but I see it as things I need to do or get used to, to play better or 'weaknesses' I need to work on & improve.

How do you actually define recreational players? I classify myself & most of the forumers here under recreational players category. I believe there is a lot more pips out players than lefthanders at recreational or any level. At 5T alone I believe 50% of the players have pips out on their bat regardless of whether they use it 'full time' or not. Most if not all are good players - some I consider very very good at that level. So it's a matter of choice & decision whether you want to play against or practise with these pips players. The decison is yours, either you want to play or don't. I hope you join the 5T because you want to play with more pips out players - this can only be good for you & also the pips out players. We all can improve & play better!

Yeevel wrote:That said, I do not think that pips-out requires less skill to play. All sorts of rubbers requires practice to master. Your few hours of LP playing surely do not succinctly show that LP does not have a certain advantage (nor disadvantage either). However, I also recognize pips-out has certain weaknesses and it's up to one to find out how to exploit them.

If my "few hours of LP playing surely do not succinctly show that LP does not have a certain advantage/disadvantage" then the same can be said about your belief on "The choice to use pips in the first place almost guarantees an advantage over most recreational players most of the time." We do not have any proof or statistical facts or any research study to suggest so. At least I'd tried to experience on the practical side of it before & I want to add that I'd also used both inverted to play against pips out. I have a conclusion which you may not agree with & I think you know the answer already. lol

View user profile

19 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:52 pm

Yeevel


Beginner Level
Beginner Level
dryvuuu wrote:
I only said about my intention because I'm actually just interested in passing the 'positive message' to the players who have the fear of playing against pips out rubbers in the hope their confidence will improve. So I believe by saying "pips have 'advantage' over inverted" it doesn't actually help anything (may be you can share something on this one?) & it certainly won't make these players lose the fear at all. These players just need positive encouragement not feed them with 'negative' comments which will only lower their confidence level. Confidence is a powerful thing!
Having said that I do appreciate your views & the discussion we're having. It's good that we have forumers who can discuss or even argue in a friendly manner, the way it should be.


I appreciate your engagement very much as well. But what made you pass off my intentions as passing negative feelings to fellow players regarding pips-out? I am merely expressing my views on pips-out players and why I feel they’d want to have a piece of pips-out on their bat. They are just as able to express their disagreement just as you have. I have also twice acknowledged that pips-out rubbers also have weaknesses, and that I encourage players to discover these weaknesses and exploit them.

You have already acknowledged the fear of playing against pips-out rubbers many times in your previous post. My question to you is: Why is there a fear of playing pips-out rubber in the first place? Your argument is based on the assumption that there is less fear when playing against inverted rubber, is it not? The advantage arises not simply because of the physical effects it has on the ball but the psychological fear it instils in people.


dryvuuu wrote:
How do you actually define recreational players? I classify myself & most of the forumers here under recreational players category. I believe there is a lot more pips out players than lefthanders at recreational or any level. At 5T alone I believe 50% of the players have pips out on their bat regardless of whether they use it 'full time' or not. Most if not all are good players - some I consider very very good at that level. So it's a matter of choice & decision whether you want to play against or practise with these pips players. The decison is yours, either you want to play or don't. I hope you join the 5T because you want to play with more pips out players - this can only be good for you & also the pips out players. We all can improve & play better!

If I must, I would broadly categorise recreational players as players who have not received proper training in table tennis from young, and even if they engaged coaches during their adulthood, they have not achieved the same consistency as someone who has trained properly since young. Anyway I have never rejected playing with any 5T players before(save for 1 uncle I misinterpreted as unwilling to play with me), pips-out or inverted. Please don’t make it sound like I have some ulterior motive to join 5T. Wink


dryvuuu wrote:
If my "few hours of LP playing surely do not succinctly show that LP does not have a certain advantage/disadvantage" then the same can be said about your belief on "The choice to use pips in the first place almost guarantees an advantage over most recreational players most of the time." We do not have any proof or statistical facts or any research study to suggest so. At least I'd tried to experience on the practical side of it before & I want to add that I'd also used both inverted to play against pips out. I have a conclusion which you may not agree with & I think you know the answer already. lol

I don’t think it’s fair for you to compare your few hours of playing with the LP, an isolated incident, with my belief on the advantage of pips-out rubber on most recreational players, a notion I’ve acquired over the years after witnessing many players expressing their fears of pips-out (ngwoonlam included) and my own school coach advocating it and using it to certain success before.

Statistically, I dare claim the inverted rubber is the most popular rubber in the world today. Thus it’s more about how likely it is you’re going to meet an inverted rubber or a pips-out rubber user nowadays. The fact that the 5T group only plays on weekday mornings shows that its demographic is highly skewed. I bring this up again because I believe the main advantage stems from the fact that most recreational players play against inverted more than pips-out. Thus it creates a sense of unfamiliarity and often fear when they meet a pips-out user. That’s all. Happy

View user profile

20 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:17 am

dryvuuu

avatar
International Level
International Level
Yeevel wrote:I appreciate your engagement very much as well. But what made you pass off my intentions as passing negative feelings to fellow players regarding pips-out? I am merely expressing my views on pips-out players and why I feel they’d want to have a piece of pips-out on their bat. They are just as able to express their disagreement just as you have. I have also twice acknowledged that pips-out rubbers also have weaknesses, and that I encourage players to discover these weaknesses and exploit them.

You have already acknowledged the fear of playing against pips-out rubbers many times in your previous post. My question to you is: Why is there a fear of playing pips-out rubber in the first place? Your argument is based on the assumption that there is less fear when laying against inverted rubber, is it not? The advantage arises not simply because of the physical effects it has on the ball but the psychological fear it instils in people.
In post #15, I did mention about the involvement of psychology hence the 'fear'. No fear jus do it! I guess you're not a big fan of No Fear & Nike brands aren't you? tongue

To be honest I don't fear any rubber. The rubber alone can't do anything. If you approach a match or even practice session with fear then you can't play or perform normally. It's certainly not the best approach.

I acknowledged that some players have the fear of playing against pips out but I don't support the notion that players should fear pips out & these rubbers have 'advantage' over inverted. If you must but not recommended then fear the players' skills not the rubber (any rubber). Any 'advantage' that you may have is because of the combination of many factors, the player's skill, the rubber, the blade, the strategy, mental strength, etc etc.

Fear is like lack of confidence in this case. If someone is lacking in confidence you'd want to be careful not to make their confidence even lower wouldn't you? If you're positive about something you tend to be more confident & if you're feeling negative then your confidence level isn't that high. In the shortest possible example which is more positive? "No need to fear with more practice you can definitely do it" or "the pips out got some 'advantage' against your inverted". The latter is like telling even though you have the superior inverted rubber but your opponent's 'limited & inconsistent' rubber has the advantage. Does this help in overcoming the fear factor? We'd like some tips, solutions or anything that can actually help players overcome the fear factor hence the tips to Ngwoonlam & that is why the "express views on pips out players" in this case doesn't help unless you counter it with something positive.


Yeevel wrote:If I must, I would broadly categorise recreational players as players who have not received proper training in table tennis from young, and even if they engaged coaches during their adulthood, they have
not achieved the same consistency as someone who has trained properly since young. Anyway I have never rejected playing with any 5T players before(save for 1 uncle I misinterpreted as unwilling to play with me), pips-out or inverted. Please don’t make it sound like I have some ulterior motive to join 5T. Wink

Ulterior motive? I didn't suggest that. I can safely say that's just your assumption.
Even IF you do have some ulterior motive then it is a good one. You make yourself familiar with pips out & 5T have more players! More choices! Recreational quality play will improve!


Yeevel wrote:I don’t think it’s fair for you to compare your few hours of playing with the LP, an isolated incident, with my belief on the advantage of pips-out rubber on most recreational players, a notion I’ve acquired over the years after witnessing many players expressing their fears of pips-out (ngwoonlam included) and my own school coach advocating it and using it to certain success before.

Statistically, I dare claim the inverted rubber is the most popular rubber in the world today. Thus it’s more about how likely it is you’re going to meet an inverted rubber or a pips-out rubber user nowadays. The fact that
the 5T group only plays on weekday mornings shows that its demographic is highly skewed. I bring this up again because I believe the main advantage stems from the fact that most recreational players play against inverted
more than pips-out. Thus it creates a sense of unfamiliarity and often fear when they meet a pips-out user. That’s all. Happy

Inverted is the most popular rubber. That goes without saying so more inverted than pips out players but initiative can also help here. Like I said previously the decision is either you want to play or not (with the pips out players). If there's no pips out at the session you could get a pips out bat & practise with other inverted players. Take turns with the other players to play with & against the pips out. You will understand how the pips out work for & against you.

By the way I've come across a number of players (local & 'foreigners') who refused to play with me just because I use lp & one of them is a guy at 5T which I despise (well mutual despise big smile but it involves other things as well). The way I see is it's their loss not mine.

Those many players that expressed their fears of pips out in your finding, are they recreational players or players with coaches?

Even if my method isn't the best according to you but like I said I tried to cover both in understanding the theory & experiencing the practical side of it & not just listening to what people have to say. If you have been listening to the same type of players then of course your results favour what you belief in. Have you ever met or listened to any players who had tried the pips out but they couldn't play & thus didn't experience the 'advantage' you were talking about? You also need to
work on the practical side, understand what is the 'advantage' of pips out & can you actually gain it.

By the way, those 'few hours' didn't help me gain the advantage. If I practise more, say if after 4-5 months only it starts to produce results then that's not 'advantage'. That's the benefit of practice & effort etc.

Remember anti-spin is also inverted & inverted player's style are all not the same (some are really really unorthodox & weird) so don't the sense of unfamiliarity & the 'fear' are there as well when facing these players? These players are also in the minority.

Anyway I'm off for practice. 4-5hrs today! Great! yipi If you see me there at 5T you're more than welcome to practise with me. I will try to help you erase the 'fear against pips out' out of your system. lol Just let me know which pips you want to play against, sp, mp or lp. tongue If time & space permit we can have a match & if I lose then it will somewhat show you that my lp doesn't have any 'advantage' over your inverted. tongue

View user profile

21 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:33 am

Yuna

avatar
Club Level
Club Level
its natural for humans to fear things that are unfamiliar / unknown.
i also have this unrealistic fear of LP. its getting better now that
my looping / driving skills against LP have improved.

it can't be help, gotto face it squarely to understand & overcome.
just like in other parts of life generally.
so one has to play against LP to become better at handling a LP player.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=551139599

22 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:17 pm

dryvuuu

avatar
International Level
International Level
True, fear will only hold us back. No fear doesn't mean you will achieve everything but at least you will be confident enough that you can do a good job - you must be prepared though.

The fear factor was a good show! Best

View user profile

23 Re: A fool's review about Table Tennis on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Guest


Guest
wow. so many replies. i just skimmed through...

i guess i am the epitome of competitiveness here lol...forehand short pip back hand long pip XD

anyway, it is very obvious that inverted rubber has the most potential, it has all the gears for you to learn.

pips/anti can get very passive when it comes to certain strokes.

like i said before, everyone use different rubbers got their own reasons. lol, we can even start a thread regarding inverted rubbers and there will be a discussion between hard and soft rubbers, tacky or non tacky.

But yeah, i have to admit i like the cheap thrill of seeing people's reaction when i tell them what i am using before a match lol.
but i also feel embarassed because a lot of people assume i have a lot of advantage over them when i know clearly i will lose to them haha.

Some players are not scared, instead they are just happily annoyed, cos really la, play with pips player can be very irritating lol. it's more of a "wuah now i have to be more alert and be tricked sometimes! challenge accepted. but aiyah sian cannot loop as i wish must use more brain haha" mentality. Yeevel is a good example. i played with him for a few years, he tells me hates pimples but still play with me happily!

but u know, deep down inside i really wish i have the flare for inverted rubber lol. but too bad i dont... i am just a pips person! who sometimes wishes my pips can act like a inverted when it comes to certain situations during a match haha.



Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum