sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

Staying near Tanglin Mall - looking for a place to play

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hello,

I am visiting Singapore and I am staying near Tanglin Mall (corner of Tanglin and Orchard Rd). I see the STTA (Lorong 6 Toa Payoh) is just a short taxi ride away. Any other clubs nearby? I am available on weekends day or evening and also weekday evenings after 6pm. Thanks.

dc9

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Hi greenflash

Welcome to Singapore.

If you don't mind venture a bit far there is a regular weekly session at Anchorvale Community Center this evening :
http://sgpingpong.forumotion.net/t195-tues-tt-anchorvale-cc-6-930pm-13th-december-2011

btw, STTA is not opened for public use during weekdays, there is where our National Team are having their training. I suggest if you plan to check it out, best is to go at weekend afternoon. Do check out the STTA website for the opening hours for general public usage.

Last edited by dc9 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Antiq

greenflash wrote:Hello,

I am visiting Singapore and I am staying near Tanglin Mall (corner of Tanglin and Orchard Rd). I see the STTA (Lorong 6 Toa Payoh) is just a short taxi ride away. Any other clubs nearby? I am available on weekends day or evening and also weekday evenings after 6pm. Thanks.

"Fourcourts", right?
Good to know that you have come onboard and look for places to play. You can also check out the "TT Kaki, Events, Places and Timing" thread where forummers initiated games that you can join. You can also check with the initiator how to get to those places.

WHen will you be here? Let me know if you want to pop by the west side to play with me :)

My setup:

Sword Blue Feather/Rhyzm/Rakza 7 Soft
Yinhe T9/Maze green/Scylla OX
Custom JLC cpen/Spectol/?
View user profile

@dc9, thanks for your welcome. It's possible I could play tonight but it does look a little far. Could you give me the address and tell me how long it takes by taxi from Tanglin Mall? I did call STTA and apparently, they have a tournament this weekend and also had one last Sunday. I asked if I could watch and they said not open for public viewing. Anyone know why?

@Antiq, yep it's me. I sent you a message. I'd love to join some places if it's not too far. Thanks.

Phantom

Hi Andy, count me in if you are shortage of khaki.

View user profile

Antiq

@Antiq, yep it's me. I sent you a message. I'd love to join some places if it's not too far. Thanks.[/quote]

Just send you a list of places and timing.... let me know.

Phantom, sure :) will let you know.

My setup:

Sword Blue Feather/Rhyzm/Rakza 7 Soft
Yinhe T9/Maze green/Scylla OX
Custom JLC cpen/Spectol/?
View user profile

dc9

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
greenflash wrote:@dc9, thanks for your welcome. It's possible I could play tonight but it does look a little far. Could you give me the address and tell me how long it takes by taxi from Tanglin Mall? I did call STTA and apparently, they have a tournament this weekend and also had one last Sunday. I asked if I could watch and they said not open for public viewing. Anyone know why?

sorry I didn't get back to you on time on your question,
from google map : the address of Anchorvale Community Center/Sport Club is
59 Anchorvale Road, Singapore 544965
(Tel +65 6489 4959 listed, probably connect to the office counter)

From Tanglin Mall to get there by car or taxi probably take 20-30min depends on traffic hours. Singapore is not a large place :)

As for the STTA part, I guess this is the tournament you referred to (from STTA website):

National Table Tennis Grand Finale 2011
TOURNAMENT PERIOD
1) 10 December (Saturday) to 18 December 2011 (Sunday)

TOURNAMENT TIME
2) 7:00pm to 10:00pm (Monday to Friday)
3) 1.00pm to 10.00pm (Saturday)
4) 9:00am to 10:00pm (Sunday)

TOURNAMENT VENUE
5) The Singapore Table Tennis Association (STTA) 297C Lorong 6 Toa Payoh, Singapore 319389

But what puzzle me is that why they do not encourage general public to go view this 'National Grand Finale' I would think this is the grandest table tennis tournament in the nation ! Or may be they are afraid the venue may not able to hold all the spectators ? If we just drop by anyway would they stop you from entering ?

View user profile

[quote="dc9]But what puzzle me is that why they do not encourage general public to go view this 'National Grand Finale' I would think this is the grandest table tennis tournament in the nation ! Or may be they are afraid the venue may not able to hold all the spectators ? If we just drop by anyway would they stop you from entering ?[/quote]

That is puzzling to me as well. I spoke to a lady in STTA (through a Chinese interpreter) and that's what she said - not open for public viewing. If I was a National level player in Singapore, I sure would hate to play in an empty hall. Great idea, I might just drop by on Friday evening and tell them I'm a dumb tourist... lol. Does anyone know if the big names will be playing?

@Antiq, I'm good for Thursday evening. Sent you a message.

Thanks to Antiq for showing me a place to play in Singapore. I had a lot of fun playing and hanging out with everybody. Enjoy the videos.

Last edited by greenflash on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
good video ... i saw my friend - fatbird was there too.

:) :) :)

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum