sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

Singapore will not make it even to the top 6 after Feng's era ?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

MsiaBoleh

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Sakuragi wrote:....as long as other country follow our formula ...they can easily get to world stage n obtain any medal during oly.

True and wise sakuragi;

There will come a time when every country capable,it can have a Ft sportsman in TT till our own FT's wont shine anymore.No successor to FT in the future due to over dependency.Its easy to outsource anything as a commodity and its becoming the fashion these days.
No need to depend on Ah Seng,Ahmad or Arumugam for national pride because the buzz word is "We're all children of immigrants; no son of soil in Singapore".FT's are also immigrants so they say.

Jamaica is a developing nation of over 2.7 million people.yet it produced Usain Bolt.
Malaysia is a multi-ethnic country of 27 million people. Malays form the predominant ethnic group; the two other large ethnic groups are Chinese and Indians yet it produced.Datuk Lee Chong Wei.

Do we need a vast population to produce champions?Definitely not !So we need to ask ourselves ,are we under a spell that we became so docile whatever our leaders say we take it as the gospel truth??

View user profile

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
thanks.
me n my family are proud of your home-made Datuk LCW !!!

View user profile

Sakuragi wrote:tt ft is cheaper if u compare to sport like soccer n basketball...i mean world stage !
that why spore can keep importing ft from china !

as long as other country follow our formula ...they can easily get to world stage n obtain any medal during oly.
you have just said the magic word : $
Formula : $ = FT = Medal ... sad but its true , as in almost everything .

wen

Hi I'm new here and saw this topic. What I'm worried now is that Isabelle Li, our only local player in the team, is still ranked at 200+ and her chances to participate in the 2016 Olympics seem to be slim. Hope 2014 will be a better year for her!

View user profile

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
IN 2008, ITTF stated that any players who changed their nationalities when:
1) age less than 15 need wait 3 yrs before can take part in world cup and word championships
2) age between 15 to 17 need wait 5 yrs
3) age abv 17-21 need wait 7 yrs
4) age abv 21 cant take part in world cup and world championship

Olympics and sea games and others should be able to.

many locals do nt actually knw what is happening in the local scene. from what I know, many China young kids were brought to sgpore to play at age of 8 or 9. they are all being trained here thereafter. studying in Pri then Sec like all other sporeans. however, the level of these china kids who turned into teenagers and young adults do have a slightly higher level than local boys and girls. slightly nt much. training system fails? need study much too.

just to let all know that spore youths standards are not high. Vietnam, Thailand do have better youth players than spore. last year, results are nt very positive. also need bear in mind like the asean school event, Singapore did send China students studying in spore for such event. then still not champ( jus one event in female) cos not good enough maybe.

lets be fair for some of the young top players in sgpore. many will fade off and disappear once they see no hope in progressing to the National team etc. some of the top players are ;

Girls: Wu Jiamuwa ( abt 14)
China student who studied in innova primary. national primary sch individual champion annually since pri 3. believe she is in sec1 or sec 2 now. seldom see her in tournaments and hey everyone, Stta does grade her as A* player, alongside other 9 national team players. she won the Adidas open in 2013 then disappear again. No idea she got her citizenship nt already? or maybe she slack already or trains with national team now. no idea.

Yang Fei (abt 16)
China student studied at Ai Tong primary and now in nanyang girls. her hometown is TT centre in China. top rated player who improved much since last year. she is obviously the soul of Nanyang girls team along side a few others. she represented spore school team in the Asean sch event last yr and did quite well. was the annual Champ in National primary school individual event since pri 3. in my opinion, she is the top u17 student player in Singapore now. she is a penholder, single sided short pips player, winning top players from top schools under 5 in most games. simply a class abv the rest. wanna know her equip set up? simple clipper cr, as for pips, cannot disclose:( 

for all penhold short pips lovers please watch her play on 22/4 in Pasir Ris sports hall in the B div finals at 1pm against RGS. Under 7 every set this time? she is a shortpipwhacker!!! I am nothing, jus a pimp whacker....

Yee Herng hwee (abt 16)
just got into national team local player. improved drastically over past 3 years. studied in sports sch. when she was younger she is not stable at all. now she has established herself as the top local player. she will be representing Singapore in the yog in Nanjing this year. not easy for her, as the competitors from korea, Thailand, japan and of cause China may prove to be tough for her. her level at 16 years old is in my opinion much higher than Isabella lee when Isabella lee was 16/17.    

others: Ang wan qi, Zermain Lew, Wei Yifan (china student) and Lin Qinan( china student 12 yo)  are some of the very potential ones too.

Boys:

Yin Jinyuan(abt 16)
constantly proved he is the best age grp player since 2 years back. RI player who will represent spore in yog. not going be easy for him for the boys in other countries are very very strong players. he did need a second qualifying chance to qualify for the actual event in Nanjing. think he overcame a Cambodian player. even Iran boys can play table tennis better than locals!!! however he is the best local player here, no doubt abt that.

Liu Hang( abt 16)
China student, former maris stella primary boy, now in RI. well, he is one of the best foreign student player here in Singapore. in my opinion on par with yin jinyuan while many may disagree.

Ren Zhi yan (abt 16)
China student, current Victoria sec student. think he came here noit as early as other kids. full of consistency and flair. on par with abv 2 players too.

Hao liwei(abt 16)
former maris stella china student. now in Fuhua. well. cant just separate these top 4 boys studying in singapore... 1 local 3 China..

other potential boys: Maxxe Tay, Ethan Poh,Josh Chua, Chia shin Kee etc...

View user profile

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
importing China players when players are mature (eg lijiawei, ftw,wang yuegu) isn't very satisfactory for the coaching team here in spore. so wad if they won silver or gold or bronze? credit still goes to the former China coaching team in China. liu guo liang said, " even if these players play for other countries, they will fade. thay wun be able to compete with china players in the long run as china do have a better coaching team. "

in my opinion, Ittf ruling in 2008 is to encourage groom players locally but its fine to get china kids to train. just dun 'bring already trained players from china to play for whichever country'. that's why players who changed nationality abv 21 will not be able to take part in world cup and world championships.

many did said that many china kids were chosen to play TT. but they know they are the 2nd or 3rd tier, so they dun stand a chance in china anymore. y not a country like spore, spain, Australia, usa, Poland, Canada give them a chance to take part and compete for lower level country.

Singapore standard... Isabella lee rank 220 plus minus, cmi de lol. lin ye and other china girls in National team all rank below 100. Zhou yihan is 90 plus minus.

future player like yee hergn hwee ranked 550 now. but she is still 16, and she is recruited into the team cos I do believe coaches see her having a lot of potential to improve, but nt base on her current standard. so maybe Stta can recruit wu jia muwa into the team and grant her citizenship now so she can represent spore at age of 18.... afterall she is trained and live here since 8 years old in spore, so lacals should feel better abt it.

View user profile

okiduki

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
from a neutral point of view it is quite apparent that you have something against the calibre of isabelle li.

i dont deny that is not THAT great of a player but how many players/parents are willing to give up their future and give it to table tennis and singapore. We all know she will have problems against players against china korea or japan who are the usual power house of table tennis. But she has also prove her effort to become a better player. playing well in YOG and the recent SEA games and won the msia number one player.

one thing about us singapore, is we really love to complain but yet we have nv experience it before. if we are parents who many parents are willing to let their child go on to become a national player be it table tennis or sports.

He/she may have some talent but she/he may also do well in her studies so which will you give up or invest on. instead of talking about how good/bad they are, why not show abit more appreciation in their  efforts. if not we will nv have true blue singaporeans representing us when we singaporeans are complaining about our own players.

and when we have FT to represent us, we do feel the pride. So what do we want? singaporeans representing us but we complain about them or GFT representing us but we STILL complain about them? i really wondering why singaporeans love to complain when we have nv ever actually experience it ourselves.

View user profile

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Hey, I gt nothing against Isabella li. My posts are facts. She is ranked 220 plus. For a local is not bad though. But look at the " singapore will not make to top 6 after ftw era" . So u mean Isabella can lead spore to top 6? Wad I am telling everyone here is without the china players its close to impossible. Y?

1) other countries do have china imports too.
2) Korea, Japan, china are too talented to compete.
3) singpapore coaching team gd enough?
4) need for players to study hard in primary sch makes it hard for all singaporeans.
5) how many locals do we have?

I complain abt her? Pls....

The fact is the newer batch is stronger than her in my opinion given when Isabella was 16. 
Cai xiao li can easily let u know this. He is the head coach of the youth girls team. Yee Heng hwee is able to match china players here!!!  which Isabella failed to do so against china players from Cedar and Anglican high during her sec  school days when she was 16. 

Plus the current batch of china girls studying in spore are stronger than those few china students from cedar and Anglican high in my opinion. I do see a better future in local girls. Of cos many of whom hope to be the next Isabella, but I do think many of their level will be higher than hers when they are 20. 

Am I complaining? Isabella set the pace to motivate younger ones doesn't mean she still will be the best next time. But to do well for spore like achieving top few teams or win olympic medals, we do need china talents. Accept it. 

China students who plus tt here are nt the very topo china players of those age grp pls bear in mind too. There are 1000 or more girls in china who can beat top local girls given same age like 16. Y? China has a large sample to choose from and a solid training program for tt.

View user profile

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Pls dun need to worry abt Isabella li's future. Her future is secured with tt. A coach, a trainer or anything to do with tt, she can make a lot of money in the future. Many parents are worrying, because how many national players can stta recruit? Many will be left disappointed. Many had regretted training so hard and gain nothing much from it too. This is life, a choice comes with opportunity cost. 

Likewise, my opportunity cost of posting here is to get attacked by posters here too.

View user profile

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Please do take note that in the future if we do see any china born players playing for singapore, they re locally bred. Bred at age 8 or 9 here. Trained here are by coaches here. If one day one of them do have great success, pls look at the positive side, she or he came to singapore at very young age and singapore groom her or him. Pls dun say he or she is a foreign talent.

Define foreign talent. Foreign DNA? Aren't we all foreign DNA? Singapore was a fishing village! Ask sang nila Utama... He saw a lion , the lion is truly a local talent...

Orang laut are local talents too.

Looking at the china students who excels( compared to locals) in tt here. They trained hard in singapore, need to study too. From Ai Tong to Yu neng to maris Stella primary, we see many hard working kids training hard. Yet many locals think "they are from china and of cos they are good." . I do not think so. They trained hard in singapore for the success locally they have today. What's the problem with many of u against stta for bringing china kids to singapore and train train alongside singapore kids? 

Singapore parents feeling inferior abt DNA? China DNA better in tt? It's the hard work in fact. Truly hard working.

View user profile

okiduki

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
I don't know if u got me wrong. I have never said anything wrong about FT in facr I feel that FT are the ones that is pushing us beyond our limits. in fact even in japan and korea they have china players helping them to be better and even representing them. I have not mentioned anything about the Singapore pride of FT representing us. just hope for more love for ppl who put in the hard work to represent Singapore be in isabelle or FT. but for cos we will give more love to true singaporeans but at the end of the day FT at least gave us something to look forward to. if not why were there so many ppl watching or awaiting for Singapore games during Olympics for 2008 and 2012. its the anticipation and excitement. Yes they won and we should be glad that they won for putting in the effort too. but when they lose, we should be gracious citizen and thank them for their hardwork too.

And you must know the younger generation are always pushing harder and beating their seniors. whether isabelle is better than the younger generation, you may be right. but zhang jike is also better than wang liqin or malin. but its the older generation that lay the foundation. just like how Daniel wong, Jason ho used to own the games at stta, and the younger generation come and win them again.

Table tennis rely on talent but also hardwork. a lot of hardwork. all I'm saying is lets just give them the support for their hardwork especially if its our very own that may give up their youth and future to give it to table tennis.

View user profile

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Okiduki, relax, I am not talking abt u. U see many comments abv abt ft sometime ago? I dun mean anyone in particular, jus that its true that many sporeans are using the very wrong perspectives to view china players, including those who trained here and lived here since very young. I am actually trying to say I got nothing against Isabella too. She sets some hopes for the locals, but of cos it's all up to individual families and player to decide between lots of  tt and lots of studies. Nobody is to be blamed for anything, competition is very tough as u can see those top youth school players are majority china students! I can tell u many more better ones are coming.

I do believe many citizens in singapore of abv 60 here maybe Malaysians when they were young. Many here do have parents or grandparents migrated from china and of cos Malaysia. So what is true singaporeans? Both born here are true singaporeans? Singaporean Chinese origins from where? South eastern  china. So some of these china students do come here later than us or our ancestors means they should be viewed differently? Yes, FT does bring social prob and employment prob to locals. But we are talking abt tt players, not ft who work in offices or bla bla bla. 

Many are trapped, as they can't play for china and provincial squad or even top clubs to make a proper living. They are here, win win situation for them and to locally born tt players here.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum