sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

BEGINNER'S CLUB

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: BEGINNER'S CLUB on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:00 pm

I'm actually thinking of switching over to a Reverse Penhold Backhand method; but don't have any kakis to help train me up. What's the best way to achieve this? Trying to get the more seasoned players to help me would probably bore them to tears . If anyone has the patience of Job let me know!

52 Re: BEGINNER'S CLUB on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:19 am

Sakuragi

National Level
National Level
Don't think too much !
Never try never know.
if make it then stick to it.
If can't then change back.

View user profile

53 Re: BEGINNER'S CLUB on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:16 pm

TT_Penholder

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
alanwee wrote:I'm actually thinking of switching over to a Reverse Penhold Backhand method; but don't have any kakis to help train me up. What's the best way to achieve this? Trying to get the more seasoned players to help me would probably bore them to tears . If anyone has the patience of Job let me know!

I'm using the front as backhand and reverse as backup when opportunity to use come along as still not good enough.
You need to try as much as possible to get the feel...

View user profile

54 Re: BEGINNER'S CLUB on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:17 am

TT_Penholder wrote:I'm using the front as backhand and reverse as backup when opportunity to use come along as still not good enough.
You need to try as much as possible to get the feel...

Thanks - how did you 'practice' the RPB style? Did you have someone to spar with to train you up?

55 Re: BEGINNER'S CLUB on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:18 pm

TT_Penholder

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
I played TT with friends, just practise RPB whenever possible...

View user profile

56 Re: BEGINNER'S CLUB on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:48 pm

Zhi4Jie

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
alanwee wrote:
Thanks - how did you 'practice' the RPB style? Did you have someone to spar with to train you up?

Hello Alan, if you don't mind practise alone, perhaps could buy dozens of those 2 stars training balls, book a table @ Chua Chu Kang sports complex and experiment with RPB. CCK sports hall's TT table is fenced up with nets. Good for either practicing alone or multiball drills with coach/friends.

When I convert from penhold to shakehand, I use to practise alone especially on my backhand, just to get a feel first before actually playing with friend. Good thing is am not under and pressure and just feel free to experiment with all kinds of strokes. But can be quite boring :)

Just my 2 cents worth :)

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum