sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

TT sessions near Newton

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 TT sessions near Newton on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:12 pm

dovely

Hi, I've recently moved to Singapore and am looking for further information on regular table tennis sessions in central singapore. 

Is there a place where I can walk-in in the evenings and play with some good players? 

(I'm an average player - play with short pips on both sides.. I've been playing for about 20 years now, and was in the top 30 Senior Women in England)

Would love some further information on how the tt practice sessions work in Singapore.. Are there regular leagues etc?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks
NS

View user profile

2 Re: TT sessions near Newton on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:12 pm

Antiq

Wow... definitely doesn't sound like an average player...

I may be able to pass you a contact... and his apartment has a table in this place that look like a gym.. play once there.. a bit squeezy but still playable. Will check whether he's keen before linking you up.

We don't have any league here, but there are quite a few competitions going on yearly... e.g. Community game, Adidas TT open (coming june), and others... 

If you care to venture further, there are plenty of places to play around Sg (lesser in the central area)... check out the respective Kakis thread..

My setup:

Custom blade/H8/Skyline 360 
Sword Blue Feather/H8/Skyline 360
View user profile

3 Re: TT sessions near Newton on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:02 am

I am also trying to look for info regarding clubs...however couldn't really find one. 

I wouldn't consider myself as a serious player, but it is definitely not for just hitting a ball. 

Played for over 10 years on and off, in leagues and tournaments as well. 

Looking for serious players or clubs I can join or even competitions to play.

Any links online available?

View user profile

4 Re: TT sessions near Newton on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:56 am

Antiq

Not sure about clubs as it is not a popular thing here.
Online links... this forum is the link... lol
Like what I said, if you are willing to travel, there are plenty of places to play in Singapore... 
Can arrange something if you can travel to the west side of Sg...

My setup:

Custom blade/H8/Skyline 360 
Sword Blue Feather/H8/Skyline 360
View user profile

5 Re: TT sessions near Newton on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:05 pm

Andy kok

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
You can participate in STTA organize tt competition if you are a singaporean.See this link:http://www.stta.org.sg/local-tournaments/safra-stta-table-tennis-championships
Or you can go for adidas tt competition which is open for all nationality.Community games is a like a team event where each CC play against each other.Works very similar to clubs,but you got to be a singaporean to join.

View user profile

6 TT sessions near Newton on Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:13 pm

TerryBlue

It is unfortunate that there isn't a formal league like the ones i played for in melbourne http://www.gdtta.websyte.com.au while as a student there. 

Working hours r longer and more inflexible in spore so hard for people to come together at a common time for such play. Wonder if there is or we can create a demand for such leagues?

Currently in spore I play at braddel heights community club on monday nights 6pm onwards, wed & friday 130pm -530pm (big pool of players there). On other days (mornings 10am-2pm), yishun sports hall have a high level players playing from monday to friday.

Heard that spore swimming club also has a fantastic table tennis club there as well. if u have a friend there,  they can sign u in (wednesday 330pm-7pm, saturday 330pm-7pm)

Do let me know if you would like to have a hit or more info.

Cheers

View user profile

7 Re: TT sessions near Newton on Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:08 am

dc9

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Hi TerryBlue
May I know how braddel heights community club's system is liked?
Need to be member? Anyone can join?
Thks.

View user profile

8 Re: TT sessions near Newton on Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:16 pm

TerryBlue

hey dc9, to join braddel heights tt club, you only need to be a passion card member and pay $10 to the convener William. The money is for equipment like balls etc througout the yr. Other then that no other requirements, anyone can join:) they have a large pool of players there, the level of play on monday nights is much higher. Feel free to come join us for a hit if time is compatible.

Btw I visited happy table tennis club near lavendar the other day too. Met a nice grp of passionate tt players there too. Have fun!

View user profile

9 Re: TT sessions near Newton on Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:21 pm

TerryBlue

Forgot to add, at braddel heights there r 8 tables 4 for beginner level and 4 tables for advanced level of play. for beginner level, u can train or have a hit as much as you want. For advanced level, players warm up for about 2mins, n will start a game for 5 sets. Meaning if you lose 3-0 you still continue to play until all 5 sets ends. Afterwards 2 new players will rotate n play. Play is pretty fluid and engagement level is high
Cheers

View user profile

10 Re: TT sessions near Newton on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:44 am

dc9

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Thanks. Will check it out soon.

View user profile

11 Re: TT sessions near Newton on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:02 am

ZoolBedok

Anyone can join in means, for non-Singaporean as well??

View user profile

12 Re: TT sessions near Newton on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:04 pm

TerryBlue

Hi ZoolBedok,

To the best of my knowledge, i believe anyone can join. You can sign up/find out more about passion card membership using this link

https://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal.portal

There is a tab that allows you to state which nationality u r from, which means everyone is welcome i suppose? Also, i stay near newton but play at braddel heights. So membership is not dependent on where you stay. Hope the info helps, have fun playing TT

Cheers

View user profile

13 Re: TT sessions near Newton on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:10 pm

TerryBlue

You welcome DC9!

View user profile

14 Re: TT sessions near Newton on Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:53 pm

ZoolBedok

TerryBlue wrote:Hi ZoolBedok,

To the best of my knowledge, i believe anyone can join. You can sign up/find out more about passion card membership using this link

https://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRMSPortal.portal

There is a tab that allows you to state which nationality u r from, which means everyone is welcome i suppose? Also, i stay near newton but play at braddel heights. So membership is not dependent on where you stay. Hope the info helps, have fun playing TT

Cheers
Thanks for the info TerryBlue,

Will check it out later. Fyi, I'm in Melbourne right now, but once in every 6 months or so I do go back to Pasir Ris. Things over here are a bit expensive though, from renting to buying gears.

View user profile

15 Re: TT sessions near Newton on Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:42 pm

TerryBlue

Hi ZoolBedok,
It is fantastic that you r at melbourne. Always had at the back of my mind to retire in melbourne one day. The pennant games held at table tennis clubs there like king albert park+Dandenong club are something i really look forward too back then as a student. The gd weather and huge land area r further plus pts.

Heard of Dandoy Sports?
http://tabletennisequipment.dandoy-sports.com/en/index.php 

This is a reliable online store that I get some of my tt stuff. Alternatively, get a fran from spore to post you the stuff i reckon?:) Do u stay at Pasir Ris? How long do you come back for each time?

Cheers

View user profile

16 Re: TT sessions near Newton on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:17 pm

ZoolBedok

TerryBlue wrote:Hi ZoolBedok,
It is fantastic that you r at melbourne. Always had at the back of my mind to retire in melbourne one day. The pennant games held at table tennis clubs there like king albert park+Dandenong club are something i really look forward too back then as a student. The gd weather and huge land area r further plus pts.

Heard of Dandoy Sports?
http://tabletennisequipment.dandoy-sports.com/en/index.php 

This is a reliable online store that I get some of my tt stuff. Alternatively, get a fran from spore to post you the stuff i reckon?:) Do u stay at Pasir Ris? How long do you come back for each time?

Cheers
TerryBlue,

I've only started playing not too long ago, hence not too many friends I know of, here in Melbourne or in Singapore. Managed to join in the pennant games the later half of last season, they're having a break now. So far, knowledge of buying and playing came from the internet, Youtube and such.

Currently having guidance, a bit here and there from Mark Smythe and Paul Bronstein. Long way to go in enjoying the game. My working contract here ends in 3 years time, so hopefully i'll get something from them.

Yes, i stay in Pasir Ris. Usually i'll be there around 1-2 weeks before i fly back to Melbourne.

Thanks for the Dandoy link though.  Best

View user profile

17 Re: TT sessions near Newton on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:51 pm

TerryBlue

No worries ZoolBedok, do enjoy the journey of discovering yourself thru table tennis like how i thoroughly i enjoy mine.
Have fun TT & KIT!
Cheers

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum