sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for TT kakis off U. Thomson, Ontario Avenue

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

HNLim

I am trying to find a few more TT kakis meeting at Ontario Avenue. We meet Mon, Wed & Fri morning 7.00 am to 7.30 am. Please contact me if you like to join us. We play mainly for exercise and fun.

View user profile

jayquak

HNLim wrote:I am trying to find a few more TT kakis meeting at Ontario Avenue. We meet Mon, Wed & Fri morning 7.00 am to 7.30 am. Please contact me if you like to join us. We play mainly for exercise and fun.
Venue is fine but timing is off for the working class.If there are evening sessions say 730pm onwards, private message me. Thanks!

View user profile

HNLim

I understand. It will be good for those who wants a good workout before heading to the office. There is a full gym facility and shower facility including a swimming pool for your use.

View user profile

Antiq

Wonder can one really have a good workout for 30 min....  felt that it is too short.
You might want to consider what Jay suggested....

My setup:

Custom blade/H8/Skyline 360 
Sword Blue Feather/H8/Skyline 360
View user profile

HNLim

At the moment, there are 3 of us. All 3 of us run our own business and that is why we can spare the time. We are looking for at least one more kaki to play doubles. 3 of us finds that we need to spend time in the evening with our family. 

We can also change our Friday session to Saturday if there is anyone interested to join us.

View user profile

DavidC

It is nice to play doubles but would be better to play singles and then warm down with doubles.  Your timing of 7am do suit your timetable but difficult to attract 9to5 type.  Most schedules are in the evening except for weekends.  I play every Wed with a group of 4 for 2 hr - had a good sweat.  I am sure if you can arrange for evening slots more will be able to join.  I would say a party of 4-6 will be just fine for a 2-3 hr workout.  
I have been following this site and very glad that there has been a bunch of TT enthusiasts putting in extra effort to promote TT.

View user profile

HNLim

Monday to Friday late afternoon.  Anyone interested?

View user profile

HNLim

Ok! After our TT session today, we have decided to change our meeting timing to 7.00 pm to 10pm, Mondays, Wednesday & Friday. 

All are welcome regardless of your playing skills. If you are interested, please send me a pm and I will furnish you the details. You may come and join us at any time from 7.00 pm to 10 pm. Just bring your own bat/blade and refreshments.

View user profile

jayquak

HNLim wrote:Ok! After our TT session today, we have decided to change our meeting timing to 7.00 pm to 10pm, Mondays, Wednesday & Friday. 

All are welcome regardless of your playing skills. If you are interested, please send me a pm and I will furnish you the details. You may come and join us at any time from 7.00 pm to 10 pm. Just bring your own bat/blade and refreshments.
Hi, I've just sent you a private message with my contacts. Thanks!

View user profile

Antiq

Sound good.... May I know where do you guys play ? Someone's home basement or a club house?

My setup:

View user profile

jayquak

Antiq wrote:Sound good.... May I know where do you guys play ? Someone's home basement or a club house?
It is in a club house, located in a condo off Thomson Road.

View user profile

DavidC

Nice to read that your group has adjusted the timing to suit others - seems working.  I hope to be able to work my wkly schedule to play on Mon.  Do you play with senior as I am 60+ and an avg player.
I am residing nearby at SinMing Ave.

View user profile

HNLim

I am 60. My kakis are in their 40's.

View user profile

HNLim

We just completed our session today with a new member. I enjoyed the doubles game very much. Next session will be this coming Friday.

View user profile

DavidC

If you can take in an extra player [single or double] I would like to play on Monday evening.

View user profile

HNLim

DavidC wrote:If you can take in an extra player [single or double] I would like to play on Monday evening.
Yes! You are welcome to join us. Just pm me your name and contact. WhatsApp prefered.

View user profile

sushi

Club Level
Club Level
You may wish to consider our place at the Yishun Sports Hall ?

Time : 0900 hrs to 1400 hrs 
Tables : 11 ADIDAS tables available 
Uncles above 70 years old :  2-3 players 
Uncles 50 - 60    years old :  6-8 players 
Uncles 40 - 50    years old :   4-6 players
Ah tee 30 and below         :    5 players 
Amongst them                 :  10 players are Coaches ( qualified NCAP/STTA/CHN/ITTF )

Total :  28 at peak and average 10 on normal days 
At peak , we will play DOUBLES 
Days  : Mondays to Fridays 

Skill level : Intermediate to National level 
All played and prepared for Competitions .

View user profile

DavidC

Thanks Sushi for the Yishun schedule.  The timetable looks interesting and enticing.  Glad to see a group of active TT enthusiasts playing and practising and with Adidas sponsoring the tables.  
I am just playing to keep fit and to maintain my reflexes.  Hwr the timing 0900-1400 is off as still working to keep mind in full operative mode though the harddisk is spinning a bit slower.  
If opportunities allowed, wil drop by 1 day.

View user profile

HNLim

Wah! Sushi, your group the standard is too high for me. Sure kenna thresh kosong.

View user profile

sushi

Club Level
Club Level
no lah , we all play to keep fit and our players here are all very forgiving .
the not so good ones will improve over time while the good ones will brush up and improve their accuracy as well as precision .
join us if you have the time , its quite fun to get thrash once in a while , still a lot better than getting thrash in an open event ....

I kena thrashed 11-0 when I started playing in this group,despite the setback I was very happy ! because it showed that my opponent was serious and it proved that my play had many many mistakes . I was thankful ,for that was a turning point for me , as I grew from strength to strength !
Guess what ? after 4 months of train and play I came back to defeat this veteran champ, 3-0 !
11-6 , 11-8 , 12-10 , I tot he was giving me chance, but true sportsmanship on his part , he gave me a good thumbs up with acknowledgement and also encouragement !  love 

if you have a will you will have the way !
I have acknowledged him as my shifu !

Last edited by sushi on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

HNLim

Mine is a case of "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"

View user profile

DavidC

Have pm my name and mobile for the Monday TT.  Hope to be able to join the group for some sweating session.

View user profile

HNLim

View user profile

DavidC

1st session with this group of 4.  Place is ideal, quiet and airy.  Had a good 2 hr workout of Singles and dbls and a lot of perspiration.  Enjoyed the game and the friendly atmosphere.  Playing Mon/Wed/Fri will definitely be good exercise and to further improve ones skill.  Will definitely put Mon night into my weekly calender.

View user profile

Antiq

Nice environment... So you guys have a fix schedule ?

My setup:

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum