sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

looking to play ping pong during my visit to Singapore

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hello,

I'll be in Singapore between Jan 19 and 25 2014 for training. I'm an average player. (maybe not as good as average Singaporean players though :-) I'll be staying in Changi business park.

What could be better than playing table tennis to spend time after training (after 5:30pm) :-) :-)

Any players out there to help me go back to the hotel fully drained in some nights :-)

Best..

Umit

View user profile

Antiq

Dryvuuu is the person that you can look out for..... he should response shortly.... : )

My setup:

Sword Blue Feather/Rhyzm/Rakza 7 Soft
Yinhe T9/Maze green/Scylla OX
Custom JLC cpen/Spectol/?
View user profile

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Since you've mentioned my name I don't have a choice but to reply. lol  laugh 

Umitderici, you can try the following places (these are near the Changi Business Park):
1. Pasir Ris East CC (Thursday evening 7pm-10pm)
2. Tampines West CC (Thursday evening 7pm-10pm)
3. If you are free in the morning 10am-1pm you can come to Tampines North CC on Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Let me know if you're coming.
4. You can also travel to Eunos & play at Copytron - open 10am-10pm. Just pay the monthly fee about $10-$20 as this still works out cheaper than you pay per hourly. There are many players there but I don't know if they would be willing to play with you if you asked them.

For more alternatives please read this thread:
TT places in the East & North East

View user profile

Antiq

Wink

My setup:

View user profile

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
(Off topic) Have you read my PM about the ittf course photos?

Umitderici, there's probably one more session you could go but I'll confirm with the organiser first.

View user profile

Antiq

ops.... yes, just transfer the stuff u want over to my pc. Will forward u by this week....... big smile  big smile  big smile

My setup:

View user profile
Thanks dryvuuu. wrote:
Unfortunately I cannot make it during the day time as I'll be on training from 9am to 5pm except that I'll have time to play beforenoon on Saturday Jan 25 before I fly back home at 5pm.

I'll try Copytron. I can go there most of the nights I guess unless somebody invites me to play/practice someplace else.

Thanks again.

Umit

View user profile

Antiq

Umit, 

if you are willing to travel to Hillview on 25 Jan morning, we should have some game going on from 8am to 11am. Let me know if you are interested, and we can see whether we can work out something...

PS: travel by taxi from Changi business park to Hillview will cost you ard $25++, take abt 30min. Travel by subway will only cost you ard $3, but it is about 1.5 hrs journey.

My setup:

View user profile
Antiq wrote:Umit, 

if you are willing to travel to Hillview on 25 Jan morning, we should have some game going on from 8am to 11am. Let me know if you are interested, and we can see whether we can work out something...

PS: travel by taxi from Changi business park to Hillview will cost you ard $25++, take abt 30min. Travel by subway will only cost you ard $3, but it is about 1.5 hrs journey.

Antiq,

Thank you for your message. 
I am familiar with Singapore subway system. I guess I can make it if you give me the directions.

Umit

View user profile

10 copytron on Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:55 pm

I looked up in the map for Copytron. It seems I've been there once. Isn't that the place with no AC, no ball baskets, no ballpickers? It is at 4th or 5th floor of a large building?

If that is the one, it is kind of far from Paya Lebar MRT as far as I remember.

How about Bedok Reservoir-Punggol Training Hall or Kaki Bukit? How are they like? How much do they charge? What is the likelihood of finding friendly players during the week nights?

Umit

View user profile

Antiq

umitderici wrote:
Antiq wrote:Umit, 

Antiq,

Thank you for your message. 
I am familiar with Singapore subway system. I guess I can make it if you give me the directions.

Umit

Great. Will try to confirm the 25 Jan game and keep you posted. Arrangement can be made to pick you up at the subway station : )

Look up for update in this thread...

My setup:

View user profile

ting

Hi Umit,

You are welcome to practise with us at Bedok Reservoir-Punggol Training Hall on every Saturday from 7pm to 10pm.

The players are fairly friendly and hopefully you will find a couple of them that is near to your level.  The training hall is 2 mins walk from the MRT station - NEL14 (purple line).  Location:-  Blk 810 Hougang Central #02-216. 

Ting

View user profile

13 thank you Ting! on Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:44 am

ting wrote:Hi Umit,

You are welcome to practise with us at Bedok Reservoir-Punggol Training Hall on every Saturday from 7pm to 10pm.

The players are fairly friendly and hopefully you will find a couple of them that is near to your level.  The training hall is 2 mins walk from the MRT station - NEL14 (purple line).  Location:-  Blk 810 Hougang Central #02-216. 

Ting

Hi Ting,

Thanks vey much for your kind invitation. Unfortunately I'll arrive Singapore on Jan 18 Saturday late and leave on Jan Saturday 25. My departure time from Singapore is 5pm on Jan 25. So that leaves me no time to join you.

Nevertheless you can tell me about Punggol Training Hall. It is good to know that it is very near the MRT station. Is it open in the nights of the week days? (like from 6pm for example) How much does it cost?

Umit

View user profile

ting

umitderici wrote:
ting wrote:Hi Umit,

Ting

Hi Ting,

Thanks vey much for your kind invitation. Unfortunately I'll arrive Singapore on Jan 18 Saturday late and leave on Jan Saturday 25. My departure time from Singapore is 5pm on Jan 25. So that leaves me no time to join you.

Nevertheless you can tell me about Punggol Training Hall. It is good to know that it is very near the MRT station. Is it open in the nights of the week days? (like from 6pm for example) How much does it cost?

Umit

Hi Umit,

The training hall at Bedok Reservoir-Punggol is occupied on all weekdays and weeknights for STTA own training programme of young players from 6-12 years old.  The facility is only available to the public on Saturdays & Sundays and the booking rate is $5/= per hour for non-PASSION card holders.

Alternatively:-

Tuesday 7pm to 10pm,  you can play at Hougang CC  at Hougang Ave 3.  Buses: 25, 51, 55, 62, 72, 81, 115, 854 & alight next to Blk 21 Hougang Ave 3 and cross the road using the overhead bridge to Hougang CC.  

Thursday 7pm to 10pm, you can play at Sengkang CC about 5mins walk from Sengkang MRT (NEL16-purple line).

Ting

View user profile
Hello,

Me again. One more question: 

Which TT places always have some coaches who would provide training with pay? If I don't find anybody to play, I can at least hire a coach for an hour or so and learn few tips to correct my mistakes and improve my game.

Thanks in advance

Umit

View user profile

Antiq

Umit,

usually for those fix schedule games listed above (from Dryvuuu, TIng and me), there will be plenty of people around that you can play with. 

If you want to look for personal coaching, you can try this at your own risk ; ) (I'm not endorsing any nor recommending any, and not sure what are the charges )
- https://www.learnemy.com/topics/table-tennis/available_instructor
- Sinten
- Happy table tennis
- Kingdom

My setup:

View user profile
I live in Hougang. Am an average player and we have an inter company competition coming up fast (announced only yesterday) and I need to play and practice hard (play everyday if needed). Can I join any of you guys (and fast)? Thanks!

View user profile

Antiq

Can go to bukit panjang cc on mon, tue n thur 6.30pm to 10pm. I'll be there on mon n thur

My setup:

View user profile
Thanks Antiq. I'll go to Yishun tomorrow afternoon. Will see if I can ask around for nearer options (even nearby work at Raffles so I can get consistency around playing more days as possible) else I'll turn up monday and look for you.

View user profile

Antiq

sure...

My setup:

View user profile

ting

Hi alice.abernathy,

You are welcomed to join us and practise at the following centres:

1)   Saturday 7pm-10pm at Blk 810 Hougang Central #02-216,  STTA Training Centre Zone "East".
2)   Tuesday  7pm-10pm at Hougang Community Club,  35 Hougang Ave 3.

View user profile
Thanks Ting. Perfect! Will look for you on Saturday and Tuesday. Saturday I might arrive late (8-ish). Thanks so much!

View user profile
Thanks Ting, that was really great first time use of racket last Saturday at Hougang, was good fun and encouraging.. and the best thing is I could walk home after! :)

Thanks Antiq - thoroughly enjoyed myself and it was totally worth the trip back home - have forgotten how loong the red line is! From one end of SG to the other! :) Thanks for making the 1st time to come in bukit panjang quite painless and thanks for the free coaching earlier - badly needed and much appreciated :)

Great places. Great crowd. Simply awesome! Thanks!

View user profile

TT_Penholder

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
ting wrote:.......
2)   Tuesday  7pm-10pm at Hougang Community Club,  35 Hougang Ave 3.

Went down earlier but there's an event so no TT, maybe next Tues..

View user profile

ting

Hi TT_Penholder,

Didn't know there is an event on tonight at the community club until someone rang me not long ago.  Apology.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum