sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

Community Games 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Community Games 2014 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:21 am

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Will you be participating this year? Registration closes on 27th January 2014.

Something new for this year:
The tournament will be competed at District level (it used to be at cluster level).

For more info click on the following link:
Community Games 2014

View user profile

2 Re: Community Games 2014 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:50 pm

Zhi4Jie

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
dryvuuu wrote:Something new for this year:
The tournament will be competed at District level (it used to be at cluster level).
This is the biggest change in format and IMO, this is good. For past 2 years, it was at Cluster level. So, you might find that more or less similar teams/players every year :) Now, it's open up to District level, there are more chances to play with different teams/players which I think it's good.

Another change is they allow Grassroot adviser/leader/member to be included even regardless their place or residence.

Also, they allow substitution of player after the registration date, which make it more flexible.

Overall, i think the changes are good improvement :)

View user profile

3 Re: Community Games 2014 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:51 pm

dryvuuu

International Level
International Level
Yes the changes are welcome.
When I heard that the tournament will be competed at District level I thought I could get players from other clusters within the district. Unfortunately teams can only get players who reside in their cluster. So it's not going to change much when it comes to getting players.

By the way how many teams from each district will qualify for the Singapore National Games? I'm sure the district winners and runners-up will go through.

View user profile

4 Re: Community Games 2014 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:39 pm

Andy kok

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
What is the difference between cluster and district?I am looking to join community games for the first time this year so I am new.

View user profile

5 Re: Community Games 2014 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:54 pm

Zhi4Jie

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Andy kok wrote:What is the difference between cluster and district?I am looking to join community games for the first time this year so I am new.
Read this document:
http://www.redsports.sg/cg2014/repository/Rules%20and%20Regulations/CG2014-TableTennis_4Dec2013.pdf

Refer to Annex A for detail of District/Cluster.

View user profile

6 Re: Community Games 2014 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:41 am

Zhi4Jie

Beginner Level
Beginner Level

View user profile

7 Re: Community Games 2014 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:08 pm

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Community games for eastern district ended tdy in tao payoh. 
This year witness many china players and Filipinos taking part. 
Top teams engaging in china females and even male players and male Filipinos too.

It is a saddening scenario in singapore here. Singapore community games truly becomes FT games, why? Team managers are letting FT play major roles for their team in the Community Games. Some of these managers are some of those who screamed at STTA, " give locals more chance to participate in Sea Games!" People know how to comment but dunno how to act themselves. 

Not truly against FT in CG. It increases the level of games. Team managers being kiasu, depriving local community chances to play major roles in teams is just saddening. I even saw a team with a handful of youth players as substitutes. Asked them if they played for any games  in CG their reply was "no". So I told  them, " join weaker teams and u will have a chance to play. So u waste ur time for? " they smiled and said " yeah, we were told there would be rotations." 

Understand that team managers are afraid of losing points, field best players for the team every games, but why tell these potential but slightly weaker players rotations will take place at first? Not naming teams, top teams for past few years in national games turn to young china player/ players, depriving young potential local players any single chance to play main role even when opponents are weak. So where r the values of community games in singapore? Winning is so important even in CG? Childhood deprivation? Even when team managers are/is from a national champion school when young? Simply wrong. To these local players is like slapping their faces u r not good enough even for community games as compared to 2nd or 3rd tier china teenagers. How will they feel? I doubt these players have much attachment to the CC involved. It's totally different for school events where school team substitutes are happy to be substitutes hoping better player plays and win for the school. 

There are some teams around that do understand the values of CG. It can be witnessed through the tournament by their willingness to lose and place other values first, satisfying as many players as possible, even though the teams are strong to be in semis.

View user profile

8 Re: Community Games 2014 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:44 pm

Andy kok

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Truely agree,community games as the name suggest is for the community members to take part,why engage FT?I don't think it is such a serious competition,why can't people have some fun and put away the Must win attitude?

View user profile

9 Re: Community Games 2014 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:08 pm

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Yes, top local players are more interested in grand finale, LBH and safra tournaments. Community games are seen by many non participants as 'friendly social games'. 

But the truth is team managers calling in top FT players and top players to prove their tt social contacts. Do these team managers train their players? Nope  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile . So what if they do win? What satisfaction do they get? 

Isn't it the same as paying china veterans to form a team and 'whack' all top local veterans as evident a few years back? Opinions of many were NEGATiVE.

Kiasu attitudes of team managers do destroys tournaments. NTU Alumni teams, SAFSA teams etc u guys think are really ex NTU players? Many FT who are still in sec schools are in NTU Alumni teams. Funny?

View user profile

10 Re: Community Games 2014 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:36 pm

sushi

Club Level
Club Level
Community Games have state that PRs and Foreign players can only make up maximum 2 players in a 14 player line-up .
That is to say , at most only 2 FTs can play in the competition that consists of Men's Doubles , Women single , Veteran double , Men single and Mixed Doubles

If we see many FTs in any team , that's a violation and could be disqualified .

What I cannot agree is many " GOOD " players "changed their address " in order to be a resident in the cluster for the CGs !!!! This is a loop hole since the days of Inter-Constituency Games  and even people lodged complaints , PA said no foul play as long as their ID showed the addess .....

View user profile

11 Re: Community Games 2014 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:27 pm

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
2 FT. One for men singles one for female singles. The actual number of participate can be from 4 to 8 in fact. 4 players 2ft 2 locals form 2 singles and a doubles. Walkover mix and veteran, if not just get anyone to fill up veteran or mix as courtesy. Such teams are common nowadays. 

2 FT enough to spoil the game, sushi. Cos If there is any FT in a team, they are of cos being asked to help to win meaning FT are normally best players in most teams.

2ft means 2 points out of 3. 14 players is for registration only. Seen teams with FT singles players from china. Get good doubles or mix doubles local pairing. Done with winning.

View user profile

12 Re: Community Games 2014 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:31 pm

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Sushi , ur team or team u supporting has 1 or 2 FT? Singles for sure? Ur local players stand or sit there no chance play? Good local players Rotating to play doubles or mix? Such a common case nowadays.

View user profile

13 Re: Community Games 2014 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:41 pm

sushi

Club Level
Club Level
No worries ! i am a true blue Singaporean ! i will support my fellow Singaporean ! 

Even i have sidelined 1 PR (STTA Coach ) and 1 x China National , i only use them to guide my YDS player in either Men's Double or Mixed Double players .

All my key players are Sports School , ex-NYT , YDS , YSA or JSA locals  yipi 
i have 3 girls , 4 boys all age 16 years and under . 
5 veterans ( local ) 
1 PR 
1 China

Last year i gave all the CCs a good run with our local kids !!! Guess what ? we sent both teams and we won the silver and bronze in the GRC .
cheers !

View user profile

14 Re: Community Games 2014 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:48 pm

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Sounds familiar. Ur games coming or over?

View user profile

15 Re: Community Games 2014 on Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:21 pm

sushi

Club Level
Club Level
CG games only starts this Sunday .

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum