sgpingpong.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

Isabelle li making ppl around me shaking heads

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Was with a few local and china players yesterday watching sea games. When isabelle li played, I heard many negative comments. Some coaches said they had local kids who play better than her but has no chance to compete with her in local tournaments.
I suppose Isabella li isn't allowed to participate in events like safra or Ng eng hen cup after youth olmympics. Ppl saying stta protecting youth players's reputation. 

Well, I hope stta can b more transparent in selecting youth players n national players. From wad I was aware of, with my physical presence and evidences, isabelle li lost to a few players of her age during the inter sch while she was in sec 4. Meaning there were better local players out there. Why was she then chosen to rep spore in youth Olympics n afterdat disappear from local tournament among her peers jus bcos stta regard her as a POTENTiAL PASSIVE player to the core. 

Commentator over the tv even criticize choppers. Well, if she can't chop like 70% of what Kim of Korea can do then how is she considered to have potential. 

I believe stta coaches for some reasons are trying to promote her. Haha lets see how far is the far. I hav seen better female players fr rjc n even sports sch. Few yrs younger than her. Maybe send the best 13yr old local girl to sea games, at least sporeans hav more pride n hope for the future.

View user profile
Whether Isabelle is the best female player for her age category is definately debatable. The more important thing for STTA to do is to stop importing china national b team players to represent our country. Using foreign talent = giving up on own citizens. Local players like Isabelle are drafted into national team to play marginal roles so stta can justify the massive import of the Chinese players and coaches as contributing to the development of the sport in SG. Don't blame Isabelle, she is just but a pawn in this game they play. LBW never expect her to hit the heights of Feng tian wei anyway...

View user profile

Andy kok

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
Isabelle Li isn't being sent to a lot of international competition anyway.Singapore don't want to throw face Wah.She hasn't been improving but she still young,has quite a lot of time to improve.Usually those players from Singapore sports school has a much higher advantage of making into national team even though they are frequently being beaten by the likes like raffles and maris Stella.Singapore has to change its way of doing.yin jing yuan recently won the French junior cadet open,if you have notice,he isn't from Singapore sport school as no one from there can make iit,He is from raffles institution.even though he failed to make it through to YOG,he still manage to beat out players ranks that is much higher than him at the French cadet open.Though Isabelle Li dosent as much potential,yin jing yuan at the age of 16 has quite a lot more so why not look at the other side.

Aside from Isabelle Li,Singapore born national players like pang xue jie and Clarence chew aren't much better either.They rank has been dropping as they frequently got kick out at round 1 in internetiional competition.Our talent pool is just too small.

BTW,Isabelle Li want to go the 2016 omplypics and I guess she going to work hard for it.With hard work come progress

View user profile

sushi

Club Level
Club Level
Hi , this is my 2 cents worth of opinion :

After watching the recent  Secondary Schools' 2014 Competitions for 'B' and 'C' categories , i have some comments  .

Since the strict rules on student imports took effect ( referring to School imports of mostly China Nationals ) especially in Table Tennis , the game standards among our schools' players have shown significant drop . 

Unlike in previous years , this year's lower secondary schools' tournament pales in comparison  . The absence of FT ( foreign players ) have somewhat lost its excitement and thrills  as our local students pit their skills amongst themselves at the lower secondary category. The standard and quality of play were seriously lacking. 

Its true that having these FTs in the past have caused angers , anxiety and fears amongst Parents , but with "KS"  nature ,many Parents at large bothered to put in more time ,coughed out $ to invest in extra trainings and to encourage and showed support for their children in their game . We witnessed a much charged up, a better and  a stronger player , at a much younger age . 

These days , without this " FEAR Factor ", play downs from some Schools , Parents have loosened their guard and have diverted their KS attitudes to some other academics . This is evident in the drop in the numbers of private trainings and also new registrations . Most showed casual interest where training was concerned .

If we wish to keep it the way we had wished for , the answer to our "future"  National Players is a very clear one !  

To have a player with intelligence , hard working and passionate one like  Jing Yuan , is a rare one. i know his mother well , and i have to tell you that she went thru great lengths to help , the time,  moral support , financial and logistics was really admirable . 
You may then ask , since we have such talented players why do we need imports ? But on hindside , have we also forgotten what had propel this players to achie
ve new heights ? W/O the FTs back then TT was like a sleepy affair ! Who would bother to train so hard.......... ! they wld just play amateur standards ...... 

Now at the International Level , how do we go a step above ?  With so little local choices what can we do to make our presence felt ? What would be the fastest way ?  You already know the answers.

View user profile

Andy kok

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
The fastest way or the most rewarding way will you choose.But with the way Singapore government works,its always the fastest way and the fastest way is to import foreign talent.I wonder why not all Singapore sports school players make it into national team when they have so many intensive trainings?If majority of the Singapore sports school players will to join national team,than we have a wider variety of players.We only have 1 Singapore born woman national team player in Singapore which is by fall too patheitc and she playing chopping which is extremely hard to advance to higher levels of playing.

Even foreign imports seem hopeless these days with the new ittf rules.the new regulation basically forbid >21 yo players to transfer and play for other countries. For age <15, the athlete can play for the new country after 3 years of filing with ittf, for 15-18-->after 5 years, and for 18-21 -->after 7 years.It is hard to see their potential let say at the age of 15 because they might has lost their interest by the time than can go for tournaments.And with so many years to wait,its gonna cost Singapore lots of money to train them and yet yield no returns.And at the first place,with so many years to wait,will the player even want to come?What if the senior players like gao ning and yang zi retire before the youth imported players can take charge?Time is valuable money u know.

In addition,our youth players like Li hu and others are not performing that much better than our Singapore born national team player in terms of ranking.And Clarence chew,our Singapore born national team player,win the national grand finale against china imported likes of ma liang and Li uh.But that does not make it that Singapore national born player are performing up to standard.

In conclusion,singapore national team youth player(not to be mistaken with nations youth team players)are not so much hope.Hope the yin jing yuan can be our next star.Maybe,Singapore plan for a primary school sports school that has direct admission to the secondary sports school so our future players can have a wholesale development on the sports.Maybe Singapore should make Singapore sport school a 6 years IP programme so players will not have to worry abt O level so much and can concentrate more on the sports.6 years of IP and 6 years of primary is 12 years.It should be a much better programme,just need to see on the player and parent part.

I see before a lot of potention player who lose their intersted in the sports.Sad.

View user profile

Marksman

All of you sound so chim....
I know nothing much, just play and watch anyone who can play well.
Actually can't really be bothered which Nationality the players are. All humans, all humans.
These players are all the same, they came to this world without knowing they will end up here.

View user profile

Loopaholic

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
As I've pointed out a while ago, early success in being a defender does not guarantee success in future. Singapore should have seen it coming.

View user profile
Thanks.

Last edited by papapingpong on Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
I very much understand papapingpong. Do feel sorry for u n ur daughter. Coaches nowadays likes to cahoot with one another. Not only in tournaments but outside the game for monetary benefits too.

Y not post out ur daughter's opponent's name? I can help u post her coach name here and everywhere and let us screw these coaches from top to bottom? 

Parents of ur daughter's opponent should feel embarrassed that they allow such things to happen too.

View user profile

Last edited by papapingpong on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Obvious isn't it?

View user profile
Hi

Last edited by papapingpong on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Andy kok

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
siao,so unfair.I remember seeing a bunch of people giving advise to a player,i thought it was his family or something.A player can have 3 coaches mah?Dosen't that require lots of money and time spent on training?

The emipre should have gave a yellow card or something or else they wouldn't be scare.It isn't fair play.

I feel sorry for her and wish her better luck next time.

View user profile

Last edited by papapingpong on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

okiduki

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
maybe they should if having qualified or stta umpire for all events. As u can see the qualifying round are all filled with kids or friends of friends. There is not proper standard at the start, and it will slowly evolved in the later stages. Furthermore, it is hard for some umpires to even warn or foul the "coach" or even parents.

What if both parents are around and speak the child at the same time. is it wrong for the parents to speak to their own child, some parents may ask this.

How do umpire determine who is the parent and who is the coach.

And even if there is 2-3 or even more coaches to coach the child, the umpire can give a yellow card to each individual coaches that come along, it is still just a yellow card given, and another coach will just simply step in.

This is competition is not like international standard where the coaches have to sit there and separated from the spectators. Of cos I agree that there should be fair play but honestly it is hard to enforce.

Just my 2 cents worth, hope I don't get shot for saying my POV.

View user profile

Last edited by papapingpong on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

sushi

Club Level
Club Level
Hi , I have been in and around this circuit for the last 10 years . What papapingpong had mentioned happened to me as well , in the qualifying for last 4 as well as in another semi final game in Ng Eng Hen cup previously , my son encountered similar situations . I was coaching my kid whilst his opponent was also coached by another .
 However when time out was called , I saw 2-3 coaches surrounding the player , some other Chinese coaches in sympathy came to my help , but the umpire flashed yellow card at me .... that incident was an awful one ,it was an STTA event in SAFRA,  i was not happy and to some point furious .

But i step back and i asked myself , what good would it be for the opponent to win under such "circumstance" ,we are sure that it would not make them proud for resorting to this form of tactics,  i told my son not to feel despaired or disappointed ,in contrary we should feel proud that it was because we are so good that  needed 3-4 coaches to "tip" our opponent to "help"  win the game , that in itself is already an achievement !
Obviously we have not trained well enough to stop our opponent ..... if we are truly good and skilful , why afraid of how many  " coaches "  our opponents would engaged ?
i told my son that incidents like this occurs everywhere , instead of fighting hard to protest , i think we should concentrate our effort to train even harder .
The truth will prevail , if we are good it does not matter who is playing , just play to our strength and play without regret . Winning or Losing is not the end of the World .  :)

In contrast , having "cheated" with the aid of so many coaches on the part of the opponent would not make the player a "better" one either !
When he progress into a higher platform , he will soon realise his journey would be cut short in due course  LOL

View user profile

Andy kok

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
I think it is a mental war,making u scare by having 3 coaches helping your opponent.If you can stay compose,it wouldn't be a problem I guess and how much can a coach help in a live match?,everything is behind the scences training.

The mental part will be a huge effect but with experience it be easy to overcome.

Those rules are stated on paper but sadly the reality world does not go by it.Singaporean nature of KS means they want everything to their advantage.When other people do the same thing to them,I guess they be complaining too.

View user profile

okiduki

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
yup. to be very honest. I don't think 2-3 coaches is actually a good thing. how much can 2-3 coaches help within 1 min? how much can the child absorb. Even for an adult something the time out is not about the advice but a change in momentum.

But on the other side, 2-3 coach may be a psychological barrier for the kid w/o 2-3 coaches. thinking he is at the disadvantage. besides that I don't really see a benefit in having 2-3 coaches.

View user profile

Last edited by papapingpong on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Papa, u r Mr Koh and the opposite side is Mr Lim or Mr Or's daughter....

Very kiasu indeed.

View user profile

sushi

Club Level
Club Level
yipi  yipi  yipi  yipi

Perhaps it might be a good idea to highlight to the Chief Umpire to make it a point to announce the rules on air before start of any matches .

View user profile

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Yes, yes. Sometimes umpire are unaware of these stuffs. Pls do make complaints on the spot.

View user profile

shortpimpwhacker

Tournament Level
Tournament Level
Papapingpong, think positive and talk to ur daughter positively dat such things will jus occur at times.
Her ex coach 'plotting' against her is bad for her age. But it may really motivate her to train up her weaknesses. 
It's like let's say mourinho telling psg how to win Real Madrid maybe? To me, I think the ex coach fears ur daughter will progress further, then play with his current student. Something like 'borrowing others to kick ur daughter out of the game' for his current student's benefits?

I do not know wad the umpire was thinking, maybe he didnt see or what. If he saw and he didnt do anything then he is wrong. fully support u complain to stta. There were chief umpires there, u can always highlight to the chiefs in the future. I really dun like these China coaches for doing such things. They really spoil the scene. Parents can do extremes against opponents. I dun call this kiasu, purely unscrupulous and insensitive to opponents too.

View user profile

JTL

Beginner Level
Beginner Level
But then again in real world, working/business world, unscrupulous is the way to win in short term for many.  erf  erf  erf

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum